• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mini Camps clips

ncfan

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There is a scale, the details are the only points of negotiation. There is little reason to holdout.

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Rookies don’t holdout anymore, no reason to worry.

thanks guys for the validating this. I totally forgot about the new CBA from 2020. Horn and Marshal definitely were two that I thought could be hold outs if it were a thing. 

Side note: I want to see this Shi catch!

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Everett brown was drafted a year later, traded for, and he was trash without injuries, I'd say him.  thank god Hurney is gone.

5 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Otah played at a high level when he got on the field. Little has never made an impact at all. Little is one of Hurneys worst busts ever, on par with Armanti Edwards.

We gave up more for Otah and Edwards so worst ever is debatable. All we can say is thank God he's gone.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

thanks guys for the validating this. I totally forgot about the new CBA from 2020. Horn and Marshal definitely were two that I thought could be hold outs if it were a thing. 

Side note: I want to see this Shi catch!

I don't think rookie holdouts were really much of a thing since they went to a rookie scale for the draft in 2011. The disagreements are limited because there isn't much leeway on the contracts, other than some finer details(still important). 

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The writing was on the wall on draft day. Just another Hurney bust.

Another impeccable second round draft pick by Hurney. Looking back over the years it makes me cringe at his picks after the first. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think rookie holdouts were really much of a thing since they went to a rookie scale for the draft in 2011. The disagreements are limited because there isn't much leeway on the contracts, other than some finer details(still important). 

Joey Bosa comes to mind, and I believe that was 2016. That was a nightmare for SD/LA. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Joey Bosa comes to mind, and I believe that was 2016. That was a nightmare for SD/LA. 

Yeah, that's basically over offset language and signing bonus structure. Those are appreciably the only really things that are possible to even negotiate. Those protracted disagreements don't happen that often, in fact they are quite rare in the modern era.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

As I recall, that had something to do with how the Chargers do things.

(the Spanos family are sh-tty owners)

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that's basically over offset language and signing bonus structure. Those are appreciably the only really things that are possible to even negotiate. Those protracted disagreements don't happen that often, in fact they are quite rare in the modern era.

Last year's CBA pretty much bulletproof this. Looks like offset language is the only thing that players can push back on. I am glad they have gotten this under control. 

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Otah was good. He just got injured. I am not sure there is even a close Hurney comparison to how bad Little flamed out. Maybe Clausen?

Clausen has to be the closest, he may even be #1.  He was probably the worst QB I’ve ever seen.  Armanti Edwards flamed out but at least he’s still playing in the CFL

I wanted to go back and take a closer look at this clip.

Watch the form of these two guys closely. Horn is as smooth as glass, and while Jackson doesn't stumble or anything, he does have a quick moment there where he looks like he's pushing a little.

The best make it look easy. In this clip, Horn does just that.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2