• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Bouye Keen To Embrace New Role And New Position

SBBlue

link: https://theriotreport.com/aj-bouye-keen-to-embrace-new-role-and-new-position/

"
Bouye, who has played for the Texans, Jaguars and Broncos in his eight seasons in the NFL prior to signing a two-year deal with Carolina this offseason certainly has an impressive resume with 14 interceptions and seven pass deflections in just 69 career starts, highlighted by a 2017 season where his six interceptions and eighteen pass deflections earned him Pro Bowl and Second Team All-Pro honors.  However, after struggles with injury and suspension have caused him to miss fourteen games over the past three seasons.

“As a nickel you have to be part of the run fits more, blitz packages, knowing where your help’s at, knowing where your help isn’t, playing off of routes when you’re in zone” explained Bouye.”In man, I know I have this man wherever he goes. Now I’m playing from inside out rather than inside out and learning concepts that way.”

“Donte Jackson, Jaycee Horn and all the young guys, they’re taking the coaching but they’re also coming to us as veterans and asking us what we see on our reps” explained Bouye. “So, you see that these guys love the game, they’re studying, and they don’t think that they’re better than anybody. They’re just always willing to learn … they’re always trying to pick our brains, whether it’s on the field or how we approach the game, our routines and everything … It’s definitely been a great opportunity to be a leader and lead in that way.”

“It was definitely something they talked to me about before (I signed)” confirmed Bouye. “As you can see, not only have they brought me in, they brought Rashaan Melvin in who was known throughout the league as a guy who could just bump and run all game no matter what and play a lot of man.

So, we have the personnel now, especially on third down, to just match up with receivers and play man and it’s mano a mano.

All the great defenses, they are successful because they know how to stop the run, play man and show up on the most important downs.”

"

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

link: https://theriotreport.com/aj-bouye-keen-to-embrace-new-role-and-new-position/

"
Bouye, who has played for the Texans, Jaguars and Broncos in his eight seasons in the NFL prior to signing a two-year deal with Carolina this offseason certainly has an impressive resume with 14 interceptions and seven pass deflections in just 69 career starts, highlighted by a 2017 season where his six interceptions and eighteen pass deflections earned him Pro Bowl and Second Team All-Pro honors.  However, after struggles with injury and suspension have caused him to miss fourteen games over the past three seasons.

“As a nickel you have to be part of the run fits more, blitz packages, knowing where your help’s at, knowing where your help isn’t, playing off of routes when you’re in zone” explained Bouye.”In man, I know I have this man wherever he goes. Now I’m playing from inside out rather than inside out and learning concepts that way.”

“Donte Jackson, Jaycee Horn and all the young guys, they’re taking the coaching but they’re also coming to us as veterans and asking us what we see on our reps” explained Bouye. “So, you see that these guys love the game, they’re studying, and they don’t think that they’re better than anybody. They’re just always willing to learn … they’re always trying to pick our brains, whether it’s on the field or how we approach the game, our routines and everything … It’s definitely been a great opportunity to be a leader and lead in that way.”

“It was definitely something they talked to me about before (I signed)” confirmed Bouye. “As you can see, not only have they brought me in, they brought Rashaan Melvin in who was known throughout the league as a guy who could just bump and run all game no matter what and play a lot of man.

So, we have the personnel now, especially on third down, to just match up with receivers and play man and it’s mano a mano.

All the great defenses, they are successful because they know how to stop the run, play man and show up on the most important downs.”

"

Is it wrong to read the above and feel a little aroused?  Asking for a friend...

• The D 4

Man that CB room is crowded.  Last year we only kept 5.

8 Jaycee Horn CB
26 Donte Jackson CB
24 A. J. Bouye CB
29 Rashaan Melvin CB
25 Troy Pride CB
28 Keith Taylor CB
23 Stantley Thomas-Oliver CB
35 Jalen Julius CB

Melvin on down will be battling for 2 spots.

Is this what having depth looks like?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

8 Jaycee Horn CB
26 Donte Jackson CB
24 A. J. Bouye CB
29 Rashaan Melvin CB
25 Troy Pride CB
28 Keith Taylor CB
35 Jalen Julius CB

We started the season with 6

Apple, Douglas, Jackson, Pride, Elder, Thomas-Oliver

Thomans-Oliver and Taylor will be the 6th IMO unless they get someone after cuts.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Initial 53-man roster headshots for 2020 (panthers.com)

I don't think Douglas was part of the 53 cut.   

It looks like we pulled Douglas in off the waiver wire after cuts.   He just wasn't part of the original 53 man, where we kept 5 corners. 

Panthers claim Rasul Douglas, Shareef Miller off waivers (247sports.com)

I agree, you all are right, with injuries, its probably a good idea to keep six.

35 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

8 Jaycee Horn CB
26 Donte Jackson CB
24 A. J. Bouye CB
29 Rashaan Melvin CB
25 Troy Pride CB
28 Keith Taylor CB
35 Jalen Julius CB

I think you have them listed in order. Was that intentional? I know that taylor has been getting a lot of off season love, so he may beat out Pride if we only keep 5. Pride, Taylor, and STO all are eligible for PS. STO belongs there.

After reading this, I see Melvin or Bouye subbing in for Jackson in obvious man coverages and Jackson playing outside in most of the zone coverages.  MAN, CAN AUGUST 15 GET HERE ANY SOONER?!?!

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

8 Jaycee Horn CB
26 Donte Jackson CB
24 A. J. Bouye CB
29 Rashaan Melvin CB
25 Troy Pride CB
28 Keith Taylor CB
35 Jalen Julius CB

That's exactly what she asked.

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

I think you have them listed in order. Was that intentional?

Yeah I put them in that order on purpose.

MAN, CAN AUGUST 15 GET HERE ANY SOONER?!?!

I know. I know.  It just can't get here soon enough.

28 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Initial 53-man roster headshots for 2020 (panthers.com)

I don't think Douglas was part of the 53 cut.   

Either way he was a week 1 starter. And was picked up the day after final roster cut down.

Though likely because Apple was going on IR.

He was listed on a projected depth chart released the first week. There was at least a moment in time before Apple was known to be going to IR

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/05/panthers-depth-chart-updated-projections-2020/

Edited by Moo Daeng

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Either way he was a week 1 starter. And was picked up the day after final roster cut down.

Though likely because Apple was going on IR.

He was listed on a projected depth chart released the first week. There was at least a moment in time before Apple was known to be going to IR

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/05/panthers-depth-chart-updated-projections-2020/

You're right he was a day 1 starter, ....and you're right they could keep 6 corners for the cut.  They don't have to follow the initial cut numbers from last year, and obviously made changes for the final 53. 

I was just going off of the initial 53.  This is a group with injuries, I can see keeping six.