• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in other camps...

Mr. Scot

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's what happens after three straight losing seasons.

Ya, ya, ya. And no back-to-back winning seasons'. We all know the record.

The problem is, this is a new regime. Who took over a team bereft of talent. We had.

No QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, no TE, 1 OL

1 DL, 1 LB, 1 CB, and no S

This years team may still need some help. But it is light years ahead of where we were when Rhule arrived.

And in year 2, folks are mad we haven't done more? C'mon 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

The problem is, this is a new regime. Who took over a team bereft of talent. We had.

This years team may still need some help. But it is light years ahead of where we were when Rhule arrived.

And just like that, my pie is back.  Have a beer.

• Beer 1

We'll see if we're light years ahead. I'm not convinced we are. I think we're heading the right direction of defense, but seems like we're treading water on offense.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

You are being snippy about it but nobody forced you into this thread you quoted someone about Fields and initiated an interaction. Fans of different football teams discuss other players their team passed over in the draft all the time Panthers fans included this isn't some new phenomenon. You are going to have to put your big boy pants on and accept not everyone here is going to be a drone and repeating the same take.

LOL @ snippy. When did it become fashionable to call other Huddlers "Snippy" or "Emotional" just because they disagree with you?

Listen. I made a mistake responding to you. It turned out exactly how I thought it would. You moved goalpost to avoid a topic you couldn't defend. So I bowed out. That is my prerogative.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see if we're light years ahead. I'm not convinced we are. I think we're heading the right direction of defense, but seems like we're treading water on offense.

I am not going to go through a whole song and dance on why I think we have improved so much.

However, I will say that if all things being equal. By the end of this year, depending on how the Oline plays. We may not have many holes left to fill.

That if Rhule and Fitz can knock it out of the park next year? Like they did this year? We will be staring down the barrel at a really good team.

14 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Has there been any news about how Rashawn Slater is doing?

9 minutes ago, trueblade said:

From early August: 

In all honesty, if Slater becomes a wrecking machine at LT for the Chargers, that will have me mumbling to myself more than what Fields does. 

I started drooling over the possibility of Sewell when he got past the Dolphins (who needed WRs but were rumored to be very interested in Sewell).  I didn't see the Lions, who also needed WRs, taking him.

The idea of either Sewell or Slater anchoring the left, opposite of Moton on the right puts our tackle deficiency to rest for a while, barring serious injury. 

But, if Horn turns out to be a shutdown corner (not expecting that in year one), some of my pain will be eased.

As for Fields, it is pretty obvious most of the NFL was not as enamored with all four of the "big four" as was this board.  Truth is, I'm not sure where Lance goes if the Niners hadn't traded up to #3 to pick him.  Maybe they did so because they were hearing Atlanta liked him (I read something out of Atlanta saying they always had their sights set on Pitts), or maybe they couldn't get somebody lower than #3 but in their comfort zone to play along.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I am not going to go through a whole song and dance on why I think we have improved so much.

However, I will say that if all things being equal. By the end of this year, depending on how the Oline plays. We may not have many holes left to fill.

That if Rhule and Fitz can knock it out of the park next year? Like they did this year? We will be staring down the barrel at a really good team.

It's possible, but we definitely need some lucky breaks to go our way.

what does that mean? Lucky breaks?

Sam living up to his draft status, Horn becoming a true no. 1, low injury rate to our key players, O Line gelling with playing time, secondary being a nice surprise, us winning games against our division.

Those kinda lucky breaks.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot of low probability moves working out really well. We pulled it off early on in the Gettleman years.

Um, okay? Other than the Oline, because we already know that unit may need some work. What 'low probability moves" are you talking about? Or is Oline your only worry?

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Sam living up to his draft status, Horn becoming a true no. 1, low injury rate to our key players, O Line gelling with playing time, secondary being a nice surprise, us winning games against our division.

I thought we were talking about the roster. Not whether this season will be successful or not.

I am of the mind that if Rhule and Fitz knock it out of the park next year, like they did this year. We are going to be a really good team going forward.

12 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

So if we turn into a winning team this year it's luck? Not shrewd management and coaching?