• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Monday Camp Thread

Zod

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The Darnold pick was on Ian. He ran the wrong route and puts his hands on a ball intended for Robby. Ian looked like he was intercepting the ball, haha.

Judging by the positioning of the rest of the receivers, Ian was supposed to break inside.

2 hours ago, Jorgie said:

I saw rhule say that. But looking at darnolds first interception idk if it was Ian Thomas or Robby Anderson that ran the wrong route. It looked like the ball was intended for Robby and Ian put his hands on it causing Robby to whiff.

Given what was said earlier in the off-season about Thomas not learning the playbook last year and Robby seemingly being prepared it’s not hard to see why I would think that one was on thomas

Yeah, I just don't trust Thomas.  I'd be fine if we just kept Sulivan instead and ran with Arnold and Tremble as 1 and 2.

excited for the pads to come on so we can start seeing how the o line shakes out, and obviously so the guys can really get to work sorting things out

Me too.  We'll all have a better idea where we are when they're on.  Tomorrow.  Its like Christmas Eve.

10 hours ago, frankw said:

Yikes. First career pass was a pick six and he threw two in the same game last year. 

They won that away game btw 48-17.  If Darnold is anything he's resilient.  He ended that game with a 116.8 passer rating.  Know who else started their career with a pick 6?  Brett Favre. 

Just sayin

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

They won that away game btw 48-17.  If Darnold is anything he's resilient.  He ended that game with a 116.8 passer rating.  Know who else started their career with a pick 6?  Brett Favre. 

Just sayin

Just how often do you suppose we will win if our qb throws multiple pick sixes though? Favre threw a ton of picks overall. 336 total and only less than 13 in a season once and as many as 29 in a single season. He had a lengthy career but that was a different time. Sam will need that resiliency in our division but we gotta keep him upright. We'll see.

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Just how often do you suppose we will win if our qb throws multiple pick sixes though? Favre threw a ton of picks overall. 336 total and only less than 13 in a season once and as many as 29 in a single season. He had a lengthy career but that was a different time. Sam will need that resiliency in our division but we gotta keep him upright. We'll see.

I was just pointing out that Sam recovered in his first game after that first pass that you mentioned.  Hopefully its an analogy for his career, with the jets being the int.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Well I guess we found the dick who will be moaning every time Darnald throws a pick.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

Well I guess we found the dick who will be moaning every time Darnald throws a pick.

Funny the guy who had a Kyle Allen avatar for months would be this sensitive over the slightest Sam Darnold criticism 🤣

Edited by frankw

12 hours ago, frankw said:

Funny the guy who had a Kyle Allen avatar for months would be this sensitive over the slightest Sam Darnold criticism 🤣

I know supporting our QB is a weird concept to you. I'm sure you are super fun at parties. 🙄

Just now, Snake said:

I know supporting our QB is a weird concept to you. I'm sure you are super fun at parties. 🙄

Quote the posts where I have said he sucks he should be cut he will never be good or that I don't want him. Not overlooking mistakes or flaws is not the same as being unsupportive. With this logic would you argue that for the better part of ten years a substantial portion of the Panthers fanbase was not supportive of Cam Newton? 🤔