• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you rather... Now or later...

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, CRA said:

I agree with this. 

It’s like moving Captain from nickel to outside or Samuel’s from slot to the outside.  They were good players and frankly drafted to be a certain player.   Then some years because we neglected other spots we move them out of their ideal spots….and it just makes them lesser players. 

We just need to go get a LT. 

Damn Detroit Lions

• Beer 2

Let Moton work at LT some in training camp, let him try it for the first couple of pre-season games. Unless he is playing at Pro Bowl (real Pro Bowl, not just popularity contest pro bowl) level, go back to RT with him. 

Moton is a fantastic RT, that is a known performance level. If he can't achieve that on the LT side, then you have to put him where he is absolutely the best. Then you put the best LT candidate you have on the left side and scheme to assist them whenever possible.

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I would go all in on Moton to the left and Brady Christensen on the right side to develop him. He is 24 and a third round pick, and if he can hold down the right side, the future of our like looks very bright as we already have multiple players who can be a good guard and quality depth at tackle at that point (Erving as backup LT, Trent Scott as backup LT/RT)

If Brady develops into a good starter you have your ends set for the next 4+ years and very good young talent at G. 

Yes That Is Exactly What I Believe GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Flames 1

If Sewell had been there at our pick, we'd be talking about needing a big shutdown corner right now. I would rather get by with LT by committee and have Brady scheme around that for one season than to force our elite RT into a position where he'll be just okay. Make LT the priority this coming offseason. I still think we'll be pretty good this year, but we're still a year or two off from being a perennial contender, and that's okay with me. I'd rather be good for the long haul, and I think the way they're drafting and managing our FAs, we will be. 

Left vs Right tackle is talk for the 90's and the Oughts. We just need two guys that can edge defend. We know Moton can, considering that in the "rote motor skill" dept, would Christensen be suited for the left since he's been playing there? LOL Bottom line is, we just need to find the other one. GOD I hope someone emerges with the pads on. COME ON BRADY. I'm pulling for you here