• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How y'all gonna let this slide

CPsinceDay1

Yeah, 2nd. And in the playoffs? Stuffed. Couldn't pass the ball. If they can get past that default in their offense then he will stay but if not.........? How many season are they gonna repeat the same issue. This is his contract season. Either he proves he can take it to the next level or they should let him walk and I believe that's exactly what they'll do. Why pay a QB that can't pass 45 mil a season?

The NFL doesn't judge you on coming in second for MVP. The Ravens are a SB level team but can't get there and the main reason is that they cannot throw the ball consistently. The truth may hurt but it's still true.

There is no way a running QB was the 2nd best QB in the league last season nor any other season. QBs throw the ball. That's their job. This isn't college. 

Mobile QBs are different. They are passers who can extend plays. That's a commodity. Runners who can kind of pass are too limited against a good defense. A good defense will run blitz the Ravens and it's over. We saw that last season against the Bills who have a mobile QB who can throw well. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Bizarre to see Panthers fans ragging on Lamar while we sit at or near the bottom of our own division and banking our season on other bad teams failures. Yeah man it must really suck to be the Ravens 🤦‍♂️

I'm not ragging on Lamar. I'm just calling it as I see it. I personally wouldn't want a gimmick QB running a gimmick offense to lead my team. I would like to have a chance to win it all and that style of offense has never won it all. The closest it ever came was with us when Cam actually threw the ball pretty well. That one, magical season. But overall? Cam was average most of his career because he couldn't pass that well. Take away the run and we were in trouble. Facts bro facts. I danced for joy the day we let Cam go. I danced again the day we passed on Fields. That's how I feel and if you don't like it then that's your problem not mine. Go root for another team. I'm happy with my team and where it's going. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I'm not ragging on Lamar. I'm just calling it as I see it. I personally wouldn't want a gimmick QB running a gimmick offense to lead my team. I would like to have a chance to win it all and that style of offense has never won it all. The closest it ever came was with us when Cam actually threw the ball pretty well. That one, magical season. But overall? Cam was average most of his career because he couldn't pass that well. Take away the run and we were in trouble. Facts bro facts. I danced for joy the day we let Cam go. I danced again the day we passed on Fields. That's how I feel and if you don't like it then that's your problem not mine. Go root for another team. I'm happy with my team and where it's going. 

That's your opinion that's fine. Seems like there is something a little deeper at play with you on this issue but that's up to you to reconcile with yourself. I'm not going anywhere been a fan since I was a kid. I'll take any quarterback who will make us a competitive franchise again I don't care about labels or what style you want to shoehorn him into. I hope we have that guy now but if we don't next man up again and again and again until we find him. No sob stories we want to win. Simple as that.

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yeah, 2nd. And in the playoffs? Stuffed. Couldn't pass the ball. If they can get past that default in their offense then he will stay but if not.........? How many season are they gonna repeat the same issue. This is his contract season. Either he proves he can take it to the next level or they should let him walk and I believe that's exactly what they'll do. Why pay a QB that can't pass 45 mil a season?

The NFL doesn't judge you on coming in second for MVP. The Ravens are a SB level team but can't get there and the main reason is that they cannot throw the ball consistently. The truth may hurt but it's still true.

There is no way a running QB was the 2nd best QB in the league last season nor any other season. QBs throw the ball. That's their job. This isn't college. 

Mobile QBs are different. They are passers who can extend plays. That's a commodity. Runners who can kind of pass are too limited against a good defense. A good defense will run blitz the Ravens and it's over. We saw that last season against the Bills who have a mobile QB who can throw well. 

You mean the guy that just got a massive extension?

Allen is the definition of a running QB. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You mean the guy that just got a massive extension?

Allen is the definition of a running QB. 

We obviously have different dictionaries. But if you want to call a moth a butterfly well that's your right. I do realize that definitions are very fluid these days. But in my world, a running QB runs first and throws second. If you prefer a different definition then I can't really argue against that. But id Allen is a running Qb then what is Jackson? Surely you're not suggesting they are the same style? Maybe I'm watching different tape so please share so that we all can see the similarities. 

5 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

We obviously have different dictionaries. But if you want to call a moth a butterfly well that's your right. I do realize that definitions are very fluid these days. But in my world, a running QB runs first and throws second. If you prefer a different definition then I can't really argue against that. But id Allen is a running Qb then what is Jackson? Surely you're not suggesting they are the same style? Maybe I'm watching different tape so please share so that we all can see the similarities. 

No QB meets your definition other than Taysom Hill.

How about this, was Cam a running QB?

1 hour ago, frankw said:

That's your opinion that's fine. Seems like there is something a little deeper at play with you on this issue but that's up to you to reconcile with yourself. I'm not going anywhere been a fan since I was a kid. I'll take any quarterback who will make us a competitive franchise again I don't care about labels or what style you want to shoehorn him into. I hope we have that guy now but if we don't next man up again and again and again until we find him. No sob stories we want to win. Simple as that.

Something a little deeper at play? Are we speaking in code now? Before I consider reconciliation I'd like to know what exactly I'm supposed to reconcile. If you have something to say just say it. Don't hide behind innuendos. I didn't attack you personally but just gave my football opinion but you seem to be hinting at something more personal. If you've got something to say just say it. Don't hide behind pretty words. What are you trying to say exactly. 

5 hours ago, frankw said:

my first and only response is win some games compete in the division and change it then you'll see plenty of Panthers jerseys 🤷‍♂️💯

Sure, I get the point you're making. Winning generates jersey sales, I'm all for that.

But this is at *training camp* - there's no reason to be wearing opposing team jerseys when you're a guest in that particular location.  

Sorta like when you're lucky enough to get sideline passes for a game. Either wear the jersey/colors of the team whose sideline you're on, or go neutral.  I hope we never see Falcons Red or TB Orange on the Panthers fan sideline before a game. 

-=-=-

That being said -- a few years ago when Peppers was playing for GB, I was forced to go to a Green Bay fan bar to watch the CARvGB game (we won that game, it was fantastic).  I wore a CAR Peppers jersey on purpose -- still showed support for the Panthers, and to the casual GB observer it looked like I was supporting at least one GB player.  I certainly wouldn't have shown up at a GB bar wearing a Brett Favre Vikings or Jets jersey.   

Point being - and I don't know if this will make sense or not:

FORMER PLAYER + FORMER TEAM'S JERSEY = Can wear it at player's new team events, can wear it at player's former team events

FORMER PLAYER + NEW TEAM'S JERSEY = Don't wear it at former team events