• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Food / Beverages we don't want (or didn't know we needed, take your pick)

PanthersATL

These things:  because they LOOK like innocent chocolate chip cookies, but OH MY GOD WHAT'S LEAKING OUT OF ME?!?!

image.png.69f93b73e03ec690f3b7f531d45f4825.png

(and also, from a marketing viewpoint: is that supposed to be a cup of the end result in the photo OR the cookie dunking companion?  So many questions here from a casual not-the-target-market observer)

• Pie 1

Boston Beer is flailing right now. They bet big on the hard seltzer market that fizzled out just as they were going all in and now they're flailing. They've forgotten who they are as a company as other craft brewers have blown past them and now they're trying to figure out where they fit into the marketplace. I thought their purchase of Dogfish Head signaled a return to their roots, but they're lost. I'm not sure if they're gonna make it long-term to be honest 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

thought their purchase of Dogfish Head signaled a return to their roots

This may be helpful (from 2018, so it may be a bit outdated) --- especially with InBev buying A+B recently

When it comes to "craft beer", this is who owns what.

image.thumb.png.58f92703da336f0b9c357735663fe812.png

Slightly more interactive/viewable:
https://www.themadfermentationist.com/2018/07/craft-beer-connections-brewery.html

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

I wouldn't say hard seltzer has fizzled out, just that the market is too saturated. I still know a lot of people that drink white claws or trullys.

People still drink Bartles and James or Mikes Hard Lemonade, too.  And let's not forget Zima.

The hard seltzer segment grew too fast to not fail as it has - bev companies were too fast to jump onto the bandwagon rather than figure out what it was that people actually want.

Taste Test Hard Seltzer GIF by ADWEEK

2 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

This may be helpful (from 2018, so it may be a bit outdated) --- especially with InBev buying A+B recently

https://www.themadfermentationist.com/2018/07/craft-beer-connections-brewery.html

Did not realize omission was owned by InBev. 

3 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

lol Pabst Blue Ribbon owns Colt 45, Old Milwaukee, and Schlitz.  How fitting.

• 4 weeks later...