• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after SECOND Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I expected the OL to look bad. In part because we lack talent. Also in part because we haven't identified our starters yet and given them time to work together and gel. That's what I'm saying. If we don't identify our five and let them gel into a cohesive unit then they're not going to play up to their ability, even if that ability is subpar. We gotta identify our five and let them start working on becoming the best unit that they can be. More than any other unit on the field, an OL has to be a cohesive unit. 

Agreed, and I don't think Rhule implied that our starting (quote unquote) offenisve line won't start on Sunday.   Even if they do, I would not expect to see them more than a series or two.  We have to decide who we are keeping depth wise.  

I expected the OL to look bad. In part because we lack talent. Also in part because we haven't identified our starters yet and given them time to work together and gel. That's what I'm saying. If we don't identify our five and let them gel into a cohesive unit then they're not going to play up to their ability, even if that ability is subpar. We gotta identify our five and let them start working on becoming the best unit that they can be. More than any other unit on the field, an OL has to be a cohesive unit. 

How do you know they haven't already?  Rhule said the starters are not playing so he's obviously got them identified or he would not know who to sit right?  

I think you guys love to be in angst over things you have no control over.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where did I say that? My concern is very specific. And it's the opposite of what you seem to be interpreting.

Sure. You are railing against starters not playing because YOU think they need to gel. That the handful of plays they would get Sun, would make a difference. 

I showed you where Rhule said they got lots of work in. But that isn't good enough  for you. 

You have a pathological need to be right. You dismiss facts that don't fit your opinion. It is why you never listen when folks give you information you don't want to hear.

But yeah, it's always someone else with you.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

How do you know they haven't already?  Rhule said the starters are not playing so he's obviously got them identified or he would not know who to sit right?  

I think you guys love to be in angst over things you have no control over.  

I hope we have. Now I hope we'll let them start playing together and gelling. By all reports it's been constant musical chairs all camp long.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Sure. You are railing against starters not playing because YOU think they need to gel. That the handful of plays they would get Sun, would make a difference. 

I showed you where Rhule said they got lots of work in. But that isn't good enough  for you. 

You have a pathological need to be right. You dismiss facts that don't fit your opinion. It is why you never listen when folks give you information you don't want to hear.

But yeah, it's always someone else with you.

You really have to stop taking difference of opinion personally. Stop feeling personally attacked by difference of opinion. 

36 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm still trying to figure out how they are to plan for exotic blitzes that they have never seen and there were no game planning...for practice. Folks do know that there's no game planning for these glorified practices called preseason right?

Also they need to figure out the backup  QB spot as well.  My guess he's not on the team. 

Darnold will get his "live practice " time in before the season starts. 

Yeah most fans don't understand how different a preseason game is versus a regular season game where gameplanning makes a huge difference. At this point we are still installing the offense and working on fundamentals.  Cutting back on practices and especially padded practices due to the last CBA really hampers coaches with lots of new players or those putting in new schemes.  Playing against 3 top 10 defenses who play somewhat different schemes is great practice and we will see lots of exotic blitzes this preseason. I hope Snow is taking notes and going to do the same for us when the regular season starts.  

Edited by panthers55
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You really have to stop taking difference of opinion personally. Stop feeling personally attacked by difference of opinion. 

Thee it is. The ol emo tag. You do that everytime someone gives you information you don't like.

Rhule said the 1s got lots of work. YOU say they don't even know who the 1s are. I think I'll take Rhule's word.

You say they can't pick  up  Exotice Blitz's, that they haven't practiced for. Is reason to fear the end of the world. 

Don't bother replying. I know you will just spin it to fit your skewed way of thinking. 

I've learned my lesson. 

Edited by iamhubby1

I hope we have. Now I hope we'll let them start playing together and gelling. By all reports it's been constant musical chairs all camp long.

It's practice! They are trying to plan for every situation including injuries they may require shifting people around.   Now is the time to figure out who you can put where. 

It appears to be their strategy and I think it's a smart one. Yes it cuts into reps for the first team but it's as important as their reps to the team as a whole.  Patience, there will be plenty of time for ragging if it doesn't produce wins.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Thee it is. The ol emo tag. You do that everytime someone gives you information you don't like.

Rhule said the 1s got lots of work. YOU say they don't even know who the 1s are. I think I'll take Rhule's word.

You say they can't pick  up  Exotice Blitz's, that they haven't practiced for. Is reason to fear the end of the world. 

Don't bother replying. I know you will just spin it to fit your skewed way of thinking. 

I've learned my lesson. 

Everyone was cordially talking football whether they agreed or not before you came in emotional and attacking per usual. You have to stop doing this. This is happening in thread after thread. People are going to disagree. That's quite alright. It's not alright for you to take it personal and start with your attacks.

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's practice! They are trying to plan for every situation including injuries they may require shifting people around.   Now is the time to figure out who you can put where. 

It appears to be their strategy and I think it's a smart one. Yes it cuts into reps for the first team but it's as important as their reps to the team as a whole.  Patience, there will be plenty of time for ragging if it doesn't produce wins.

I bet if Rhule came out tomorrow and said he has a starting 5. But still moved players around on the line. These guys would say he is lying, or using coach speak. They have this idea ingrained into their brains. No amount of logic will dis sway them.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's their strategy, we'll have to see if it works out. They've focused on versatility all off-season on the OL. Personally, I think it will prove to be a mistake. It's okay to disagree. Please don't start acting like that other guy.

26 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is why most teams, apparently not the Colts, wait until the regular season to start.  They get a half to utilize their exotic blitzes without tape.  The opposing team then has halftime to try and figure out what to do. Probably without much success. 

I was surprised to hear the Rhule say the Colts were running exotic blitzes. 

Rhule said exotic 

The rest of the NFL: u mean we rush more than 3???

• Pie 1