• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

today's game only on NFLN?

Cam's New Arm

23 minutes ago, PantherExpress said:

I live in Davidson up around LKN. WSOC on Directv is marked as showing soccer so I was trying to record the game off of nfln (like an idiot) since I had a couple things to do this afternoon. Tried to pull up the recording and it’s blacked out- turns out the soccer game is really the panthers game!

And soccer is on now.

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Every year, they show the game on the local channel, but it doesn't show up in the guide.  Not sure why, but I am watching it on WFMY right now.

Depends on the network, and which service you're looking at. There are three(?) major TV listing providers that each power different systems -- which is why Comcast's guide may be different from Spectrum's or Dish, as an example.  If the station didn't provide their data to the listing providers in a timely manner, their local-specific info won't show in the guide.

For at least one of those services, it's a minimum 24 hr turnaround for them to distribute updates (and with that, no guarantee the update will be pushed to all devices by then).  So it's not like the station can provide updates in near real-time.

4 hours ago, PantherJD said:

It sounds like a WSOC issue.

From what I've read this afternoon from various sources, it's not WSOC's fault, but rather an issue with the signal that they were receiving to send out. 

If the feed coming in to the station is wonky, then the station has no way to fix it by themselves.

2 hours ago, PantherExpress said:

I live in Davidson up around LKN. WSOC on Directv is marked as showing soccer so I was trying to record the game off of nfln (like an idiot) since I had a couple things to do this afternoon. Tried to pull up the recording and it’s blacked out- turns out the soccer game is really the panthers game!

Had this issue as well. Unlikely you missed much though if you had actually recorded as my feed was crummy for half the game and went out multiple times. They only had it fixed finally in the third quarter.

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

From what I've read this afternoon from various sources, it's not WSOC's fault, but rather an issue with the signal that they were receiving to send out. 

If the feed coming in to the station is wonky, then the station has no way to fix it by themselves.

I watched it on WFMY in Greensboro, seemed fine.  Wouldn't they have the same feed?

18 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I watched it on WFMY in Greensboro, seemed fine.  Wouldn't they have the same feed?

Each TV station has a receiver that needs to be uniquely licensed to receive a game's satellite signal. 

If the license is misconfigured at either end (or a legit issue with the transmitter not encoding against that particular license successfully), then there can be issues with the station receiving  a clean feed. 

• Pie 1

Need a little help.....working with friend in rock hill who has Comcast to get fed via firestick.

I've been told all I need is his user name and password to tap into his account and can view anything on his local channels. I'm assuming this is true but I hear CBS has a fee to accomplish this.

The Panthers are usually on Fox here in Va. and i would assume its the case in NC/SC but just want to be prepared if the game ends up on CBS.

Any advice would be helpful.......just grew tired of the cost of Direct TV.