• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Jaguars are showcasing Gardner Minshew, plenty of teams should be interested

WarPanthers89

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

I don't see where the Panthers have the resources to make a competitive offer to the Jaguars. I wouldn't want to give up a 1st for Minshew, who would hopefully be a backup QB, and we don't have a second round (or a fourth round) pick. Those belong to the Jets after the Darnold trade.

Technically we do have a 4th I do believe.  Fit somehow got that one back from someone.  I forgot the details. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If Rhule truly thinks this way (I don't think he does)...

...he is destined to fail.

In case you're unfamiliar, Drew Bledsoe was the #1 pick in the NFL draft and the Patriots had just signed him to the  largest contract in NFL history (first $100,000,000 deal) when they drafted an un-athletic, weak-armed QB with the 199th pick in round #6...

...your myopic take would have had Tom Brady riding the bench his entire career.

Fortunately for Patriots fans everywhere the inimitable Bill Belichick keenly understands the concept of a sunk cost and didn't let it affect his decision making.

So you used an outlier (Brady) as an example to make your point.    Okay.  🤷‍♂️

I just feel that after all the draft capital given up, the chances of Minshew(in that hypothetical situation) "beating out" Sam for the Starting Job are equal to the chances that one of us wins the PowerBall Jackpot.  

Edited by glenwo2

6 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I just feel that after all the draft capital given up, the chances of Minshew(in that hypothetical situation) "beating out" Sam for the Starting Job are equal to the chances that one of us wins the PowerBall Jackpot.  

While entirely hypothetical...

...you'd be willing to give me 100-to-1 on a $10 bet?

I'd take it straight up 😉

3 hours ago, Ace420 said:

One of the knocks on minshew is that he doesn't have e a leader mentality. That is really important if you are looking for a starter.

Complete horseshit...

...The Swashbuckler's teammates have loved him at every level...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

3 hours ago, Ace420 said:

If we are looking to upgrade the qb position, I want to hold off for DeSean Watson in 2022.

I know a lot of people don't like that, but give him his day in court. Many loved players have had second chances. Ray Lewis literally killed someone.

At this point, I think the odds of Minshew coming here might be higher than Deshaun Watson. He has a lot of legal issues to get past and that is before the NFL does their investigation and punishment. 

First of all, I think Darnold is going to be fine.  I think he'll utilize the weapons he never had in NY.

If he goes down and is playing well.  Just run with PJ.

If he goes down and he is crapping the bed.  Just run with PJ and get a top pick.

OR

If Watson clears up his legal issues (which doesn't seem likely anytime soon) Trade for him.

They only way I see us going after Minshew is that he is either cut (They did sign CJ Beathard  2yr deal) or take a low round pick for him.  

I think we are doing too well in the draft recently to give up capital for a adequate QB.  I think most agree he won't take us to the SB. 

As a former ECU Pirate (many moons ago) I would love to see him as a Panther but I just don't see it happening. 

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:
12 hours ago, Ace420 said:

If we are looking to upgrade the qb position, I want to hold off for DeSean Watson in 2022.

I know a lot of people don't like that, but give him his day in court. Many loved players have had second chances. Ray Lewis literally killed someone.

Expand  

At this point, I think the odds of Minshew coming here might be higher than Deshaun Watson. He has a lot of legal issues to get past and that is before the NFL does their investigation and punishment. 

Mot to mention the Texans do not intend to trade him...