• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: Moton is the top RT and second LT behind Erving.

SgtJoo

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Jesus dude who's triggered?  Remember this exchange when the seasons over.  Then tell me who was triggered.

The person constantly complaining about another person's opinions.

I have concerns. If you don't like it, keep scrolling. Stop complaining about other people voicing their opinion. Have I been stalking you around the forum complaining about your positivity?

I'm not all negative. Our last two draft classes look really positive. I think the D is heading in the right direction. I've been really impressed with Phil Snow so far. There are positive aspects. But yeah, I have some very serious concerns and I'll continue to voice them where it's relevant to the conversation. If that triggers you, just keep scrolling. It's gonna be okay.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The person constantly complaining about another person's opinions.

I have concerns. If you don't like it, keep scrolling. Stop complaining about other people voicing their opinion. Have I been stalking you around the forum complaining about your positivity?

I'm not all negative. Our last two draft classes look really positive. I think the D is heading in the right direction. I've been really impressed with Phil Snow so far. There are positive aspects. But yeah, I have some very serious concerns and I'll continue to voice them where it's relevant to the conversation. If that triggers you, just keep scrolling. It's gonna be okay.

You must have me confused for someone else.  So I will just say that whatever has you so pissed off isn't worth it.  

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You must have me confused for someone else.  So I will just say that whatever has you so pissed off isn't worth it.  

I'm just getting tired of the brigade of posters who spend most of their time complaining that there are opinions that differ from their own. Not voicing their opposing opinions. Simply getting triggered and lashing out at the existence of differing opinions. It's just lazy and unproductive.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I just need to quit listening to Rhule speak to reporters.  For whatever reason, those keep turning me off of late.  Well, for awhile now.    

Now, see right there you gave away your bias.

That's a pretty superficial (not to say debatable) reason to criticize your HC.

I suppose you were, after all, the Mod that was called out a few threads ago, for being so negative.

Why can't you wait until some actual games are played, to see if you can work up a reasonable critique of play-calling, or clock management, or something that really matters?

And for every "green" HC that came from college, and failed, I can name you two NFL HCs that stayed employed as such for years beyond their Use By date, and never accomplished anything.

They weren't "green," bless their hearts; they were just...grey.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just getting tired of the brigade of posters who spend most of their time complaining that there are opinions that differ from their own. Not voicing their opposing opinions. Simply getting triggered and lashing out at the existence of differing opinions. It's just lazy and unproductive.

Do you realize you just wrote a perfect summation of your own post?🙃

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

He was the Head Coach of TWO College programmes for SEVEN years. Where is this 'green' nonsense coming from?

Yeah, @CRA is apparently still on the college "coach don't translate thing".  Its an obsession. 

He can tell that crap to Dan Quinn who was fired immediately after we beat the Falcons last year. 

Tell that to Matt Patricia and Anthony Lynn who were also fired last year.  All long time NFL coaches who didn't "translate well" to the NFLAll beaten by us, a team in the first year of a total rebuild that shouldn't have won a game. 

Tell that to RR who was major part in creating the dumpster fire that Rhule is trying to put out.  Whose team we beat in his own house last year with the playoffs on the line.

We had no business beating anybody last year.  We were 5-11 the year before and  in 2020 were in total rebuild in the middle of pandemic .  After we  lost so much talent on both sides of the ball, we should have been picking 1st overall.   

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Do you realize you just wrote a perfect summation of your own post?🙃

Yeah he's complaining about our complaining about his complaining.  

What really frustrates him is that it distracts him from his original whining.

I want someone to explain to me where this blind faith in Rhule comes from. It's all potential. It's all about the idea that he can build a winning team that can beat good teams. Because so far it hasn't happened.

He was 2-16 against ranked competition in college. He was 0-11 at Baylor. 2-5 at Temple. Those two wins coming against a #21 ECU that dropped from the rankings after losing to his Temple team and finished the season 8-5 and unranked and against a #20 Navy team that dropped from the rankings after losing to his Temple team and finished the season 9-5 and unranked.

We went 5-11 last year beating zero teams that finished with a winning record with the combined record of the teams we beat being 33-47.

From what I can see, Rhule has basically made a living off of beating bad football teams. We hope that he can prove that he can beat good football teams but there's literally zero proof of that thusfar.

I like Rhule. I think he can potentially work out. But this blind faith that some seem to have in him is just baffling and I would honestly like to hear what it's based on.

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Yeah, @CRA is apparently still on the college "coach don't translate thing".  Its an obsession. 

He can tell that crap to Dan Quinn who was fired immediately after we beat the Falcons last year. 

Tell that to Matt Patricia and Anthony Lynn who were also fired last year.  All long time NFL coaches who didn't "translate well" to the NFLAll beaten by us, a team in the first year of a total rebuild that shouldn't have won a game. 

Tell that to RR who was major part in creating the dumpster fire that Rhule is trying to put out.  Whose team we beat in his own house last year with the playoffs on the line.

We had no business beating anybody last year.  We were 5-11 the year before and  in 2020 were in total rebuild in the middle of pandemic .  After we  lost so much talent on both sides of the ball, we should have been picking 1st overall.   

Should of been picking first?  That’s a pretty negative view of that team.   I think we overachieved based on how competitive we were across the full season….not because of 5 wins. 

I have them between 7-9 wins this year.  Just to go on record for the hundredth time on it.   

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Should of been picking first?  That’s a pretty negative view of that team.   I think we overachieved based on how competitive we were across the full season….not because of 5 wins. 

I have them between 7-9 wins this year.  Just to go on record for the hundredth time on it.   

7-9 wins I think would be good. That would be a step in the right direction. I said when Rhule was hired that based on his history, the first year would be bad. Second year mediocre. In the third year we should be legit ready to make some noise. That's if he follows the same pattern he did at Temple and Baylor.

I'm not overly excited about the competitive losses. We all argued that Ron sucked because he couldn't win the close games. Most NFL games are competitive. You have to find a way to win them.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Nice cherry-picking? Why not include Arians, Reid, or any and every NFL playoff team? Or maybe just look at all the examples like this 

1st Time NFL Head Coaches hired Directly from College since 2000:

• Matt Rhule, Carolina Panthers 5-11
  • Kliff Kingsbury, Arizona Cardinals 13-18-1
  • Bill O’Brien, Houston Texans 52-48
  • Chip Kelly, Philadelphia Eagles 26-21
  • Doug Marrone, Buffalo Bills 15-17
  • Greg Schiano, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11-21
  • Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers 44-19-1
  • Bobby Petrino, Atlanta Falcons 3-10
  • Nick Saban, Miami Dolphins 15-17
  • Steve Spurrier, Washington Football Team 12-20
  • Butch Davis, Cleveland Browns 24-35

Working from that list, we find eight of them returned to the college sideline after a stint in the NFL. Matt Rhule just completed his first season in the NFL, Kingsbury just wrapped his second and Doug Marrone has not yet landed a new job after being let go by the Jaguars two weeks ago, though he got a second NFL head coach job after his stint with the Bills. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1