• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Troy Pride suffered a torn ACL

TheSpecialJuan

Panthers placed WR Troy Pride on injured reserve with a torn ACL, ending his season

The 2020 fourth-rounder had 529 snaps for the Panthers in his rookie season, and was more of a problem than a solution as a rookie with 32 tackles and a ghastly 39.3 PFF grade. Pride was carted off in the fourth quarter of Sunday's preseason loss to the Indianapolis Colts. The Panthers new-look cornerback corps includes veteran signings Rashaan Melvin and AJ Bouye and Pride wasn't expected to have a huge role this season even if he'd been healthy.

Hate to hear it for the young man. Hopefully he can rehabilitate it after surgery and use the time to do the film work and study that could seriously improve his game.

Sometimes it takes a couple of years for a corner to really make the change to the pros. Maybe there's a silver lining to this for him.

Either way, I hope he heals well and can keep his spirits up.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Hate to hear it for the young man. Hopefully he can rehabilitate it after surgery and use the time to do the film work and study that could seriously improve his game.

Sometimes it takes a couple of years for a corner to really make the change to the pros. Maybe there's a silver lining to this for him.

You are a good person.  Sentiment shared.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Panthers placed WR Troy Pride on injured reserve with a torn ACL, ending his season

The 2020 fourth-rounder had 529 snaps for the Panthers in his rookie season, and was more of a problem than a solution as a rookie with 32 tackles and a ghastly 39.3 PFF grade. Pride was carted off in the fourth quarter of Sunday's preseason loss to the Indianapolis Colts. The Panthers new-look cornerback corps includes veteran signings Rashaan Melvin and AJ Bouye and Pride wasn't expected to have a huge role this season even if he'd been healthy.

WR?  Who is writing copy for the Panthers media department?

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It took Josh Norman a couple years to turn it on.  My most memorable play from Pride last year was him falling down and running on all fours like a wildebeest trying to make a play, which isn’t a good thing since it ended in a TD.  

I hate it for him too, but also think focusing on the mental part of the game is what he needs most right now.  He wasn’t going to play much this year anyways if everyone stays healthy.  If he rehabs well and grows from this he could be a solid contributor in the future.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I hate it for the guy but in a fuged up way this may have been for the best. He didn't look long for the NFL and this will allow him to get world class treatment and rehab for his injury and another season of NFL checks that he honestly didn't look poised to get otherwise. I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hate it for the guy but in a fuged up way this may have been for the best. He didn't look long for the NFL and this will allow him to get world class treatment and rehab for his injury and another season of NFL checks that he honestly didn't look poised to get otherwise. I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

It's best for him and the team.  Like you said, he gets to rehab and get paid, and the Panthers get to take a flyer and see if he can come back and crack the roster next year.  I'd say it's doubtful, but you never know

Edited by Seltzer
  • Pie 1