• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow. Chris Stapleton. Wow

1usctrojan

I've known about Stapleton since he was in the Steeldrivers. It was really surreal seeing him blow up like he did. 

As far as country goes, at this point there really needs to be some new genre labels handed out and official split. Stuff like Tyler Childers, Jason Isbell, Cody Jinks, and Chris Stapleton has gained massive popularity in modern times and it's absolutely nothing like radio country.

10 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Yup, loving this album. Great story.

What do you mean final? 

He said he’s only doing 5 albums. He’s been saying this for years. 5 album career under his name. Those bluegrass albums he released for charity during the pandemic didn’t count. I’m assuming he’ll join a band of some sort. 

19 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He said he’s only doing 5 albums. He’s been saying this for years. 5 album career under his name. Those bluegrass albums he released for charity during the pandemic didn’t count. I’m assuming he’ll join a band of some sort. 

Wow, I didn't realize he'd said that. He's got the catalog for it, that's for sure. 

My guess is he continues down the mountain sound/bluegrass realm in the form of a band.

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Wow, I didn't realize he'd said that. He's got the catalog for it, that's for sure. 

My guess is he continues down the mountain sound/bluegrass realm in the form of a band.

I dunno. He’s been in a few movies. I could see him doing soundtracks or scores. He said he’s already been talking to a few people about forming a band. Dude does not like to work so I wouldn’t even be surprised if we never heard from him again lol

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I dunno. He’s been in a few movies. I could see him doing soundtracks or scores. He said he’s already been talking to a few people about forming a band. Dude does not like to work so I wouldn’t even be surprised if we never heard from him again lol

I did read that he has no interest in ever playing an arena again.

My last show was Sturgil and Tyler at Spectrum. Literally on the fringe of COVID.

26 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I did read that he has no interest in ever playing an arena again.

My last show was Sturgil and Tyler at Spectrum. Literally on the fringe of COVID.

Yeah mine got cancelled for that tour. I saw him on the previous tour. He’s awesome. He slammed his guitar and walked off stage because his pedal board kept fuging up.