• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fittermagic

MHS831

9 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

MHS, I hope you can get rid of that open mawed avatar of Person soon, it is starting to get on my nerves. How long does the bet require that you use it?

I think I can change it after the kickoff vs. the Jets.  And I have some ideas for a replacement.

3 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

I have noticed he doesn't get mentioned very often.

He is my candidate for absolute sleeper style.

He will be starting soon.  I think his only drawback is conditioning, and when that gets right, he could be ready to challenge Miller, who is on a one-year deal anyway. 

By next year, I see Brown and Christensen starting--maybe our two guards.

19 minutes ago, Manna said:

It’s just a breath of fresh air to have a GM who doesn’t draft a player with the intention of converting the player to a new position he’s never played in his life. 

That was something Hurney tried to do. He had an eye for talent, he just used the other eye.

is he good? Way too early to tell for a GM.      

Gettlemen was lauded and praised as great once.  And I am old enough to remember when Marty Hurney was praised as a fantastic GM.   I think it takes a GM longer than a HC often to show if they are the guy or not. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Think I missed this, but can we get a lil info on this whole bet... lol if that's alright with you

I thought we'd pick (in round 1) Surtain, and that loathsome excuse for a human Fua (kidding) picked Horn. The bet was he got to choose my pic--and he knew that I loathed Person--that annoying, nasally, droning, never-ending questions about nothing important style he uses.  So he got me.  I think 45 lost a bet as well, which is why his pic is of a huge belly from OTAs, I think.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

is he good? Way too early to tell for a GM.      

Gettlemen was lauded and praised as great once.  And I am old enough to remember when Marty Hurney was praised as a fantastic GM.   I think it takes a GM longer than a HC often to show if they are the guy or not. 

Sure, and I get it--not praise as much as "liking what I am seeing"  The aggressive style, the proactive approaches to perceived problems. 

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Because the only vision we should have is hindsight, right?

Of course not but there is a middle ground somewhere between that and immediate anointment before anything has been proven right? It's his first gm gig just like our last two. Who by the way had their own following at one point especially Gettleman who even had his own catchphrases. There are key qualities to like so far such as SF's clear aggressiveness in making moves and not being afraid to move on quickly. His first draft has plenty of potential. I am hopeful we see some positive results for the upcoming season and from there he will raise his profile with the fanbase.

• Beer 1

What I like most about Fitterer so far is how quickly he remedies his and others mistakes(Little, Perryman, Slye, Bridgewater). That is his most valuable quality I have seen so far and something very foreign for us as a franchise historically. That bodes well for his success here.

Now, that said.....this draft will depend on the success of his 3rd round and later guys. With all the trading, he really has to hit on at least one of those guys to make this draft as good as our fans like to believe it was. I think Horn will eventually get there and Marshall may be there sooner rather than later, so I am less worried about them.

With the rest of the offseason, it's all about Darnold, Elflein and Erving. If those guys fail, it was a terrible overall effort. If at least one or two succeed, it was at least partially successful. Perryman was a bust already, so a little bit of a slow start for our dumpster dive candidates. I still think Reddick, Fox and Jones will prove to be valuable additions. Bouye will be another interesting one. If he has anything left in the tank, shrewd signing. If he proves to be over the hill, that will be another dumpster dive miss that probably impacts our effectiveness in 2021. 

So, lots of potential for greatness and lots of potential to show he isn't the savior we had hoped. It's gonna be a wild ride in 2021. 

wayward pines GIF

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1