• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final preseason game thoughts and reactions

TheSpecialJuan

- With Reggie Bonnafon and Rodney Smith injured it will come down to Trenton Cannon vs Spencer Brown for the final RB spot

- With the Shi Smith injury Brandon Zylstra and Keith Kirkwood are now the 5th and 6th WR's 

- John Miller was pulled for Dennis Daley who should be starting at RG

- Christian Miller had 3 tackles but could not get consistent pressure on the QB and won't make the team (might have trade value)

- MLB Clay Johnston over currently injured Josh Bynes 

- Sean Chandler and Sam Franklin our new backup safeties 

- With AJ Bouye being suspended first 2 games Myles Hartsfield makes the team as the slot CB/FS 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

AJ Bouye being suspended first 2 games Myles Hartsfield makes the team as the slot CB/FS 

Great observation. Haven't seen anyone else really mention him but he really flashed a couple times tonight. I know Smitty brought him up a few times and he's one of those guys who's name keeps popping up when you read practice reports. Good to see him play well. 

• Pie 1

Feels good to end the pre-season on a win. There were a lot of good but several bad things. Like Rhule said, the win doesn't mask the bad. I'll take the win though, for moralities sake. Darnold just needs to get the jitters out early and he'll be fine. He seems to have a grasp of the offense and has the talent. This defense is what I am giddy about. If they have multiple turn overs each game then this team might be able to stay in games until the offense gets their poo together. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Didn't realize he had a clean pocket for 17 passes... OL played better than I thought lol.

Those numbers definitely include the one drop, and I think one near interception was out of a clean pocket too.

Yep.  That one near INT could've been disastrous and changed the entire attitude of this entire board toward the negative (though some were already on the verge of that anyway).  Fortunately, as Smitty pointed out, LB's cannot catch.     Regardless, the clean pocket overall showed how effective Sam can be when he's not running for his life.

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I had Paradis as giving up two sacks and 1 TFL.

Paradis was getting run over.