• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is the backup QB ?

catnip

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

image.png.14e71fa4ae868a8c6ce55c88f6c13fa9.png

FINAL PRESEASON STATS: 

Note: Grier also ran for more yards

Those of you wanting Walker---after you exhaust the excuses, am I missing something here?  Why is this hard?  Grier won--by 30 percentage points.

This has to be the first time I can recall where a player clearly beat out someone else for the job, but won’t get it solely because of his alma mater. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

This has to be the first time I can recall where a player clearly beat out someone else for the job, but won’t get it solely because of his alma mater. 

Gonna be an interesting decision. Rhule likes him, and I have yet to see why.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:12 AM, CRA said:

and there is an expanded practice squad.  We should just throw one on the practice squad.   And probably keep him distanced in this covid world.  That why we don’t have to run a wildcat game if covid attacked the QB room. 

True. Although a wildcat offense running through CMC is thought-provoking. Disastrous, but thought provoking.

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Walker really gave Rhule no choice but to make this a call of loyalty vs performance. 41% completions is absolutely disgusting. 

I'm very disappointed we weren't in on the Minshew trade - that would have solved a lot of problems.

Right now we're picking between the tallest midgets at QB. Grier has played better in pre-season, but if either one has to start for any extended period of time we're boned. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Walker really gave Rhule no choice but to make this a call of loyalty vs performance. 41% completions is absolutely disgusting. 

Oh absolutely. Imagine if Grier completed 41% and Walker 71%. He’d be tarred and feathered while Walker would be feted as a better version of Cam Newton.

Most of the negative reactions on here are just people with an irrational dislike of Grier based on emotions. Those people tend not to watch football so much as suggest players are better than others with no empirical evidence. So basically, Matt Rhule is your average huddler. No wonder people on here will take a bullet for him. 

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

It don't matter at this point, whomever it is will just be a placeholder until Charlie Brewer is drafted by us in the next draft.... Calling it now 

Then he might as well go with Walker and have 2 of "his guys" on the roster at the position.