• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun maybe to the PANTHERS?!?! What?!!

Vader704

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Look back in the thread. It's already been shot down.

To be fair, the door is still ajar, pending the outcome of his legal issues (this basically from reading Jones' and Person's tweet).

If no one jumps before those are resolved, and I seriously doubt that they will though possible, then we will likely be in on the deal provided that he is "cleared" and we have no answer at QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

To be fair, the door is still ajar, pending the outcome of his legal issues (this basically from reading Jones' and Person's tweet).

If no one jumps before those are resolved, and I seriously doubt that they will though possible, then we will likely be in on the deal provided that he is "cleared" and we have no answer at QB.

For now, that door is closed. And there's no guarantee it'll open again.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Multiple sources now saying the same thing...

I think later is probably 2022 and that is assuming Watson's legal troubles are resolved by then. Unless something really dramatic happens with his legal cases(like they all disappear suddenly), he's gonna be on the shelf for a while.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think later is probably 2022 and that is assuming Watson's legal troubles are resolved by then. Unless something really dramatic happens with his legal cases(like they all disappear suddenly), he's gonna be on the shelf for a while.

If Darnold does well, it's over.

If he doesn't, I think it's more likely we draft our next option.

If we're being boring and realistic then hell no the Panthers are not bringing in Watson. Hell look at the Hardy nightmare. And in the future, assuming Watson is cleared and ready to resume his career, the Panthers would be one of the last teams to be able to acquire him. Just look at what happened with the last QB free agency market. We were EXTREMELY desperate for a free agent QB, and the best we could do was find a QB who no other team wanted. We could never in a million years get Watson if he was in high demand.

Now for the fun side of things. Our only chance of getting Watson is now when other teams DON'T want to take a chance. Now is when we can get a good deal and not have other teams jumping in front of us, or otherwise outsmarting or bidding Fitterer. It's now or pretty much forget about it. It's fun to think about.