• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets update

Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

When Darnold was asked by Leonard “how you liking it” and he responded “I love it”…a part of me believes he meant being out of New York more than being in Carolina.

I've long had this theory. Sure some guys love the big market big city stuff but I'm assuming an equal amount want nothing to do with that. 

39 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I have said it 1000 times on this board.  Rolling Wilson out there is almost as dumb as rolling darnold out there in his rookie year.   Whether people want to believe it or not, playing in NY with their fans and media is just a different ball game.  Not too many 20 year olds can walk in and be a)Mentally prepared to be a NFL qb and B)be able to handle the scrutiny of playing in that city

Throwing guys to the fire there is just fuging retarded.  Whats the damn hurry?  Wilson may well make it and be good but damn looking at their oline etc what is the damn harm in sitting him for at least 10-12 games if not the whole season?  the whole is greater than the parts

I'm kinda of the opinion that if they crack and fold it was gonna happen anyway. You're either mentally cut out for this league or you're not.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

nah man you can ease people into situations, thats just human nature

The going is gonna get tough at some point and the ones that aren't cut out for it will crack when it does. If a guy isn't ready from a grasp of the offense standpoint then there's no reason to put him out there but if he has the offense down and is ready to go from a preparation standpoint then I don't think you do him any good sitting him.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm kinda of the opinion that if they crack and fold it was gonna happen anyway. You're either mentally cut out for this league or you're not.

Sometimes environment makes a huge difference. NYC is a very noisy place, and I don't just mean the decibels. Being able to decompress can be huge. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, I would fuging HATE it there.

In another life I would have loved to have lived there making good money.  The fun you can have there is next level.  My uncle is an actor living in Manhattan and has been since the 80's and he has made some nice coin over the years and has showed me a totally different world that most people never see. 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

In another life I would have loved to have lived there making good money.  The fun you can have there is next level.  My uncle is an actor living in Manhattan and has been since the 80's and he has made some nice coin over the years and has showed me a totally different world that most people never see. 

I just despise crowds and cities in general. No use for them personally. Being within a few hours for the occasional trip to a game or museum or the like is plenty good enough for me. I sure wouldn't want to live in a major metro area.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just despise crowds and cities in general. No use for them personally. Being within a few hours for the occasional trip to a game or museum or the like is plenty good enough for me. I sure wouldn't want to live in a major metro area.

I get it, I really do but damn I had some fun in my youth in that city.   Could I live there now as someone in their mid 40s?  Hell no.  Could I have staked my claim there when I was 21ish and still be living there.....I can see it. 

But I really like seattle, big city, hiking, boating, fishing.  The real deal.   But the women in NYC, Jesus H its like some sort of perverse dream

I’ve said it before but I really like what the Jets are doing, and the Dolphins for that matter, though to a lesser extent.

Dolphins invested in the oline. And actually have a ton of great pieces to work with. The head coach has winning experience and I think he’s decent.

Jets finally pulled their head of their ass. They’re not on the brink like the Dolphins but their moves building the foundation has been spot on. Cliche yes, Rome want built in a day, but their moving in the right direction. Great head coach pick up.

Laslty they both have a ton of capital to start picks and cap. In comparison, Rhul/Fit walked into the most dead money in the league and no extra picks, with a stud DE, RB, and RT that’s it lol.

Edited by onmyown

I get it, I really do but damn I had some fun in my youth in that city.   Could I live there now as someone in their mid 40s?  Hell no.  Could I have staked my claim there when I was 21ish and still be living there.....I can see it. 

But I really like seattle, big city, hiking, boating, fishing.  The real deal.   But the women in NYC, Jesus H its like some sort of perverse dream

Seattle is fuging awesome. Aiming to move there in the next 5 years.

I thought I’d be the type for rural living, nope, it’s so fuging boring. Some people love it though. Ideally you’d live on some land with a 30 minutes drive to the city, best of all worlds.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Seattle is fuging awesome. Aiming to move there in the next 5 years.

I thought I’d be the type for rural living, nope, it’s so fuging boring. Some people love it though. Ideally you’d live on some land with a 30 minutes drive to the city, best of all worlds.

fug land.  My best friend just retired to Hurdle Mills on 200 acres.  Sounds like a nightmare with the upkeep and such.  He goes days without see people but damn he is always cutting a tree down, mowing a field etc.  Way too much work for me

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

fug land.  My best friend just retired to Hurdle Mills on 200 acres.  Sounds like a nightmare with the upkeep and such.  He goes days without see people but damn he is always cutting a tree down, mowing a field etc.  Way too much work for me

Depends on the kind of land in an ideal scenario 

200 is a bit much lol, I’d imagine something like 5 with 4 of those being no maintenance wildlife/forest, and an acre being landscaped or just grass

have to be the right city as they don’t all offer that for reasonable money, a lot don’t

Charlotte is actually perfect for it…if you prefer living in the south (I don’t)

I would never ever buy something with more than 2 acres max that requires my attention. That’s where you fug up less you’re rich enough to pay for it

Edited by onmyown