• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Jets. What do you know?

Zod

21 hours ago, MHS831 said:

First game is when you want to play the good teams, not the bad ones.  Better chance to get an upset.

The Jets are strong on the defensive line.  That is about it.  I am and always was a Wilson fan, so that scares me.  His debut could be special.  Sam, in trying to escape the ghosts of the past, has to play the ghosts of his past.  Not fair.  That is like getting hooked up on a blind date with your ex after she dumped you.  Its just wrong.

whooping up on the ghosts of your past seems to be a good way to exercise them 

8487414D-711F-491A-A394-05D8DE3C7010.png

20 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Enjoy our city.  Hope you’ll enjoy the game a little less, but I don’t disagree with your assessment.  2 young teams looking at a fresh start.  I just hope it resembles football.  Both squads are guilty of forgetting what it looks like.

Lol thanks. We really enjoyed Charlotte the last time we were there. My wife has been looking at a bar/restaurant called, Valhalla. Any comments on it?

7 minutes ago, Jetsknicks1 said:

Lol thanks. We really enjoyed Charlotte the last time we were there. My wife has been looking at a bar/restaurant called, Valhalla. Any comments on it?

The good(and bad) thing about our fair city is she's always growing and changing.  I'm not familiar with that particular establishment, but if its still operating in this climate they're doing something right.  Visit as many as you can.  Should be a bar or eatery on every block downtown.

53 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I just learned that Sam Darnold's former head coach, Adam Gase, is now a High School Offensive Coordinator.

Sam can really kill a career huh?

LOL, nah.  Gase is TRASH!

Yeah, that is definitely the other way around lol. Adam Gase going to the Jets is the worst head coaching hire ever.

13 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

The good(and bad) thing about our fair city is she's always growing and changing.  I'm not familiar with that particular establishment, but if its still operating in this climate they're doing something right.  Visit as many as you can.  Should be a bar or eatery on every block downtown.

Thanks. We were in town the last time we played you guys and had a great time. We even got to meet Rex Ryan at the Buffalo Wild Wings lol.

4 minutes ago, Jetsknicks1 said:

Thanks. We were in town the last time we played you guys and had a great time. We even got to meet Rex Ryan at the Buffalo Wild Wings lol.

Hopefully you can meet some better folks next time.  You can ask around but there are only a couple hotels close to the stadium that visiting teams use.  You could run into your guys if youre lucky.  I got to meet most of the 2014 squad in ATL by going to the bar at their hotel.

I honestly hope Wilson is legit for them. Kinda like seeing the Browns have success, it's like damn man those fans have earned it. Sure, we've had our ups and downs but at least we've had our ups. Some teams have just sucked donkey balls year in and year out for most of my life. Here's to Wilson breaking them out of that funk, meanwhile let's appreciate the Jets for providing football fans everywhere with some of the greatest QB blunders in the history of the sport. And yes, I'm painfully aware that our own QB has provided some of them.

ZuIqUE3jSx-X4OWNvM0u831s03QHuRiPj5xQRY1I

• Pie 1

Looking to see an improvement in all three phases of the game, but I'm especially looking for the defense to be significantly better than last season (those one score games would've been won games had the defense not given up those final scoring drives by opponents).

Concerns are the OL and Darnold's bad habits (staring down targets, holding on to the ball too long, and questionable decision making). I've got more faith in the latter, but the former has me most concerned.

Edited by Icege

23 hours ago, PhillyB said:

what's their pass pro like? seems like the obvious question.

i'm not a fan of the "let the defense carry the game" mentality but that's a no-brainer here if you're trying to ease darnold into quarterbacking. getting him a competent W against the team that previously defined him is imperative mentally.

"It is a mystery who will be starting for the Jets at right cornerback. Bless Austin was the shoo-in to play that role for months until the Jets surprisingly released him as part of their 53-man roster cuts.

Whoever that player is, it’s going to be a low-investment rookie. Fifth-round pick Jason Pinnock, sixth-round pick Brandin Echols, and undrafted free agent Isaiah Dunn are the candidates."

"Christian McCaffrey is one of the best receivers out of the backfield in NFL history. His career average of 52.4 receiving yards per game stands as the best by a running back in the Super Bowl era (since 1966).

The Jets’ young linebacker group is most likely going to be one of the greatest weaknesses on the team, if not the biggest. Two rookies – Jamien Sherwood and Hamsah Nasirildeen – are expected to play important snaps while Jarrad Davis is sidelined for at least the first five games of the season."

Darnold should put up video game stats if our line gives him even a semblance of a chance to throw the ball.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

"It is a mystery who will be starting for the Jets at right cornerback. Bless Austin was the shoo-in to play that role for months until the Jets surprisingly released him as part of their 53-man roster cuts.

Whoever that player is, it’s going to be a low-investment rookie. Fifth-round pick Jason Pinnock, sixth-round pick Brandin Echols, and undrafted free agent Isaiah Dunn are the candidates."

"Christian McCaffrey is one of the best receivers out of the backfield in NFL history. His career average of 52.4 receiving yards per game stands as the best by a running back in the Super Bowl era (since 1966).

The Jets’ young linebacker group is most likely going to be one of the greatest weaknesses on the team, if not the biggest. Two rookies – Jamien Sherwood and Hamsah Nasirildeen – are expected to play important snaps while Jarrad Davis is sidelined for at least the first five games of the season."

Darnold should put up video game stats if our line gives him even a semblance of a chance to throw the ball.

This reminds me of 2016 Panthers corner conundrum.

• Pie 1