• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders waive 2nd year LB, Sign KJ Wright

DJ feed me moore

1 minute ago, DJ feed me moore said:

Sucks to see the Wright pipedream burst, but the raiders cut a young LB in the process(on his birthday no less). Worth a shot to pick the guy up on waivers? any Clemson fans want to add some insight? 

Already been discussed in the waiver thread.  Additionally, we filled the last three spots on the PS today with ANOTHER kicker, ANOTHER guard and ANOTHER wide receiver. 

5 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I don't see why everyone thinks we are so bad at LB. 

We might could improve at MLB, but we are set at OLB with Reddick and Shaq. 

Also we run lots of 5 dB formatio s where we only use 2 LBS. Add in Chinn helping the LBS when he plays the joker position and LB is one of the stronger units on the team.

Even if we aren't bad, we are definitely thin.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I don't see why everyone thinks we are so bad at LB. 

We might could improve at MLB, but we are set at OLB with Reddick and Shaq. 

Also we run lots of 5 dB formatio s where we only use 2 LBS. Add in Chinn helping the LBS when he plays the joker position and LB is one of the stronger units on the team.

WE have exactly 6 LBs on the entire roster.  When I say entire that's including the PS which has zero.  Of those six, two are scrubs, mainly STers.  So you feel confident with ONE legit backup LB, that be Luvu?  I sure don't. 

FYI, moving Chinn back to LB due to an injury will force us to plug someone else in a safety spot and I'm not too fond of our backups. 

• Beer 4

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yup, or Chandler our 5th safety.  Actually Hoskins would be worth protecting more than Chandler. 

I'd agree but I think Hartsfield is filling in at CB until Bouye comes back which would mean Chandler is our primary FS backup for now.

Edited by KillerKat

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I'd agree but I think Hartsfield is filling in at CB until Bouye comes back which would mean Chandler is our primary FS backup for now.

The problem with having so many guys that can play multiple positions is that you really don't have many quality backups for any 1 position.  Reddick and Luvu are olb/de.  They are really not off ball lb.  If Shaq or Carter goes down then Chinn moves back to lb and someone else (Heartsfield) replaces him.  You end up moving 2 guys around on defense and changing the way your defense runs instead of just replacing him with just a guy off the bench.  If changes the way your defense communicates and plays.  Like moving Moton to LT if Irving gets hurt.  It changes the way the whole ol plays because you change both tackles.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, bababoey said:

The problem with having so many guys that can play multiple positions is that you really don't have many quality backups for any 1 position.  Reddick and Luvu are olb/de.  They are really not off ball lb.  If Shaq or Carter goes down then Chinn moves back to lb and someone else (Heartsfield) replaces him.  You end up moving 2 guys around on defense and changing the way your defense runs instead of just replacing him with just a guy off the bench.  If changes the way your defense communicates and plays.  Like moving Moton to LT if Irving gets hurt.  It changes the way the whole ol plays because you change both tackles.

Yeah, somebody gets it!