• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets WR Crowder is OUT for week 1 vs Panthers

SgtJoo

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Johnson and Chase Daniel have been in the league for 13 and 12 years, respectively, and have 529 passing attempts between them. That's impressive.

I mean poo I think I could take being a millionaire backup for over a decade clip boarding the poo outta it

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

I mean poo I think I could take being a millionaire backup for over a decade clip boarding the poo outta it

You'd dread August every year - new young QB brought in to challenge you, getting hit in the pre-season games.

Survive that though and back to the red jersey and chillin' with your mates. The dream (if you know you're not good enough to start in the NFL).

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

The truth is we should dominate this team. They are missing some really good players and their qb is a rookie starting his first game…

But of course it’ll come down to a last second FG… at least it won’t be Slye.

I personally expect a blowout Sunday. The Homer in me may allow me to believe we'll win when I shouldn't but in this game that's not the case. Our staff game plans very well. That's the reason last year's team that was devoid of much talent managed to be in so many games. They confuse teams and hide their faults extremely well. This Jets' team is even younger than we are and that includes their new staff. Our line isn't great but it wasn't great last season either and yet they performed in the middle of the league because of the way we play. 

In the Stealers half we saw it. They tried different things to see what worked with different results. What I saw in that 1st half is when we tried to stretch the field on every play we struggled but when we ran the short game we were very efficient. From there, we saw the slower to develop plays become possible like that last TD pass. 

I expect us to come out and move the chains early by running quick slants from a variety of formations and going to many different targets. Putting the defense on their heels. We will mix in CMC runs and short outs and the occasional mid-range pass. Every so often often CMC will start to find holes like Hubbard did but he'll be far more dangerous when he does. As the game progresses Darnold will grow more confident and CMC will eat them alive. 

Then on defense, I expect them to have some success running the ball on us early but eventually our offensive pressure will force them out of relying on it too heavily. This is when we will start to put the game away. I expect at least 2 interceptions and a few sacks. Their rookie QB has never seen what we will bring at him before and no matter how talented he is it will have an effect. They will start to fall apart and the avalanche will come. 

Panthers 34, Jets 6  

It all begins now. 😎

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 2