• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too much CMC, bad coaching, will take the W.

Dragoon11

Our offense looks old and stale. I hope Brady opens his playbook because at the rate he's going, we are going to be out of games very early on. I don't know why it's so hard to understand, teams that put their foot on the gas from the outset do well, and conservative play calling usually leaves you drafting in the top half. A ceiling is a man-made thing. Blow the roof off. 

16 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but regardless, I agree. A vanilla game plan was enough to beat the Jets. That, combined with Sam had a whole half of a preseason game to get into the flow with his guys, I can see them wanting to make this more of a shake off the rust kind of game. I choose to believe we have a more aggressive playbook for our very real competition with NO next week.

No sarcasm. We want to give NO as little to work with as possible.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

YES! CMC is our star, and yes you feed your star, but... Joe Brady has THREE stud wide receivers, and a good TE. I know this is only the first game of the season, but honestly, Panthers should have won this game 27-7 or 34-7 easily. This coaching staff looked terrible in the second half, Rhule got outcoached by Robert Saleh, plain and simple. We have great weapons outside of CMC, so why in the F&*k did the coaching staff not find ways to get the ball to our WR's in the second half? The coaches should have emphasized the importance of the opening drive to start the second half, instead we come out and look completely flat. Credit to the Jets defense, they're pretty good, BUT... their weakness is their corners and we should have been taking more shots down the field.

A win is a win, I get it, wins are hard to come by in the NFL. Panthers were up 16-0 at halftime, had all the momentum, then got outplayed and outcoached in the second half by a freshman team (an NFL freshman team, but freshman team nonetheless). Sam Darnold looked lights out in the first half, but the second half the whole offense looked stagnated just by play calls. I realize that Darnold is still developing chemistry with these receivers, and figured we would get a heavy dose of CMC this first game. Here's the thing... we'll be no better than we were last year if we don not find other playmakers on this team, and play CONSISTENTLY. I'll take this win, ugly as it was, but Rhule and Brady really need to show me more. The second half of todays game they looked like college coaches.

Sam overthrew Dan Arnold and TMJ in the endzone.

12 points left off the board (I would say 14 but I am not confident in our Kicker right now kicking the XP).

This game would be in the 30s if he was a bit more accurate.

That said, however, this did look more like Sam needing to get acclimated to his receivers.

Hope that improves(especially with accuracy) in the coming weeks.

5 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

We were only capable of 19 pts against the Jets.  I was expecting 30 plus.  This does not bode well.  I don't understand how this team can be up two scores but not go for the kill.  End the game in the 3rd and let backups play.

If Sam connected with Arnold and TMJ, the final would've been in the 30 plus.