• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Morning After - Jets at Panthers

Zod

Panthers CB Myles Hartsfield will undergo wrist surgery.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Hartsfield's wrist injury is not season ending, though he could miss significant time. Carolina's secondary, ripped by rookie QB Zach Wilson in the second half of their Week 1 game, could prove vulnerable in the short term. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you're running out of the I formation with a FB lead blocker, the QB has to wait until the FB clears to extend the ball for the hand off. Sam stuck the ball into the FB's shoulder who isn't looking for the ball because it isn't supposed to be there.

This is how it's supposed to look.

http://imgur.com/6917U7B

Sorry, it's not imbedding so you'll have to click

Rhule said in the postgame conference that Ricci was supposed to go wider.. sounds like its not just solely on Darnold. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Hartsfield's wrist injury is not season ending, though he could miss significant time. Carolina's secondary, ripped by rookie QB Zach Wilson in the second half of their Week 1 game, could prove vulnerable in the short term. 

Bouye is also out until the Houston game. So what do we do about Nickel? Put Jackson at Nickel and STO/Taylor on the outside? Or let Sean Chandler play Nickel?

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

....ripped?

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Bouye is also out until the Houston game. So what do we do about Nickel? Put Jackson at Nickel and STO/Taylor on the outside? Or let Sean Chandler play Nickel?

We were hot swapping Chandler and Chinn at FS and NB during the 4th quarter. I assume we will do the same. STO can play nickel as well.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Rhule said in the post conference that Ricci was supposed to go wider.. sounds like its not just solely on Darnold. 

Clemson lost to UGA 10-3.  Defining play of that loss and biggest play of the game was the INT returned for the TD.  That was the game.   That singular play. 

Whose fault was that?  Well, per Dabo, it is all the WRs fault.  Which isn't true.  But that is the narrative Dabo wanted.  He doesn't want his brand new QB shouldering that yet.  

I suspect you are seeing a similar element here.   Both share blame.   Rhule wants to keep it all off Darnold. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Clemson lost to UGA 10-3.  Defining play of that loss and biggest play of the game was the INT returned for the TD.  That was the game.   That singular play. 

Whose fault was that?  Well, per Dabo, it is all the WRs fault.  Which isn't true.  But that is the narrative Dabo wanted.  He doesn't want his brand new QB shouldering that yet.  

I suspect you are seeing a similar element here.   Both share blame.   Rhule wants to keep it all off Darnold. 

or it just could be what happened? I mean we will find out once we get the angle of the fumble on the all22

Just now, TheCasillas said:

do we have an all 22 of the exchange in one of the threads? that would probably allow this convo to be a bit more pinpoint and constructive. 

We don't really need it. Sam stuck the ball into the FB's shoulder before he cleared. 

At some point, these guys might get tired of getting thrown under the bus covering for Darnold. The receivers were the problem all during camp and the joint practices. I don't think I've heard a single critical peep about Darnold from anyone in the organization.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We don't really need it. Sam stuck the ball into the FB's shoulder before he cleared. 

At some point, these guys might get tired of getting thrown under the bus covering for Darnold. The receivers were the problem all during camp and the joint practices. I don't think I've heard a single critical peep about Darnold from anyone in the organization.

they have talked about his feet constantly... almost every conversation. Stating he needed to settle down. Brady said it, Rhule said it, Sean Ryan said it, and Steve Smith said it.

• Flames 1