• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Sam needs preseason reps, this coaching staff is clueless."

Rags

Is Sam Darnold being coddled? /s

I love how all the miserable blokes and tar refused to do anything but trash Rhule and Darnold for months and months whilst suggesting we trade multiple first round picks for Zach Wilson can’t even give credit right now.

Sure, it’s two weeks in. But it’s sure how they are all “meh, I’m not going to get too excited”

We get it. You insisted how the odds of this Darnold trade working were essentially nonexistent. Hold the line. Don’t give in. We passed on Fields. We are almost certainly going to regret it... lol

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Teams should celebrate wins.  Should the bucs give their rings back because the Chiefs had injuries on the line?

Availability is the primary ability.

Saints had no problem celebrating when they beat us when Cam was hurt.  

Shhhh. Sam Darnold is a garbage QB and Matt Rhuld is clueless, remember? Don’t go against the narrative 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Is Sam Darnold being coddled? /s

I love how all the miserable blokes and tar refused to do anything but trash Rhule and Darnold for months and months whilst suggesting we trade multiple first round picks for Zach Wilson can’t even give credit right now.

Sure, it’s two weeks in. But it’s sure how they are all “meh, I’m not going to get too excited”

We get it. You insisted how the odds of this Darnold trade working were essentially nonexistent. Hold the line. Don’t give in. We passed on Fields. We are almost certainly going to regret it... lol

It's a little early to be settling scores and taking a bow. Remember we had a little win streak going with Kyle Allen which has yet to be topped. Let's see what October brings.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, some of y'all are really cocky after beating possibly the worst team in the league in week one and a Saints team missing half their roster and coaching staff in week two.

I'm happy to be 2-0, but I'm not about to start getting cocky just yet.

We drummed a division rival and held them to the lowest total yards in Peytons era. Sorry we are enjoying it. Hopefully Darnold and the defense will start sucking soon so we can tank for a QB rather than enjoying embarrassing the Saints...

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, frankw said:

It's a little early to be settling scores and taking a bow. Remember we had a little win streak going with Kyle Allen which has yet to be topped. Let's see what October brings.

I don’t disagree. That said  the dude is playing very well. Making throws under pressure, putting the ball where his receivers can run after the catch.

What’s triggering me is we just smashed the Saints who just smashed the Packers and those of us enjoying it are being called cocky. I thought it was more “being a fan” and celebrating being 2-0 after embarrassing a division rival, but hey, what do I know? 

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Shhhh. Sam Darnold is a garbage QB and Matt Rhuld is clueless, remember? Don’t go against the narrative 

I know this is driving the Sam/o-line haters nuts.  All of the Saints D-line starters, started today.  We faced an elite D-line.  But it doesn't count because....blah blah blah.

We aren't saying we're going the SB.  We're saying good job to underappreciated  o-linemen, Sam, Rhule and Fit.

I'm sure we'll take our lumps at some point.  But we needed this game to have a shot at a winning season, and we took it and shoved it down the Saints throats.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

I know this is driving the Sam/o-line haters nuts.  All of the Saints D-line starters, started today.  We faced an elite D-line.  But it doesn't count because....blah blah blah.

We aren't saying we're going the SB.  We're saying good job to underappreciated  o-linemen, Sam, Rhule and Fit.

I'm sure we'll take our lumps at some point.  But we needed this game to have a shot at a winning season, and we took it and shoved it down the Saints throats.

Exactly. I am not predicting a SB this year but damn its been nonstop negativity by the "realists" all offseason and now we are 2-0 but not supposed to be excited about it? lol

• Pie 4

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t disagree. That said  the dude is playing very well. Making throws under pressure, putting the ball where his receivers can run after the catch.

What’s triggering me is we just smashed the Saints who just smashed the Packers and those of us enjoying it are being called cocky. I thought it was more “being a fan” and celebrating being 2-0 after embarrassing a division rival, but hey, what do I know? 

I don't see the need to splinter ourselves off into little factions the goal with all of us is and should be the same. But there is always an axe to grind. I'm a little worried about bad Sam showing up against better quarterbacks but he did display intangibles that separate marginal starters from higher end starters. He shook off a few gaffes and went right back at it and his arm talent is impressive. He's going to have to get better under pressure and not take unnecessary sacks when possible though that's a big no no we have to keep under wraps against better teams. The other concern is our reliance on CMC I would definitely like to see us spreading the ball around more in the coming weeks. But I obviously agree with you there is much to like particularly this defense. Hopefully the oline holds up against better defenses that's the biggest question.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Exactly. I am not predicting a SB this year but damn its been nonstop negativity by the "realists" all offseason and now we are 2-0 but not supposed to be excited about it? lol

Its delicious.   Lets enjoy it while it lasts.  Teams adjust, tables turn.  Teddy fell apart last season as our D finally got a footing.

Nice thing is, Sam normally gets BETTER as the season progresses.  Lets hope this year is no exception.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I don't see the need to splinter ourselves off into little factions the goal with all of us is and should be the same. But there is always an axe to grind. I'm a little worried about bad Sam showing up against better quarterbacks but he did display intangibles that separate marginal starters from higher end starters. He shook off a few gaffes and went right back at it and his arm talent is impressive. He's going to have to get better under pressure and not take unnecessary sacks when possible though that's a big no no we have to keep under wraps against better teams. The other concern is our reliance on CMC I would definitely like to see us spreading the ball around more in the coming weeks. But I obviously agree with you there is much to like particularly this defense. Hopefully the oline holds up against better defenses that's the biggest question.

I just have a bad taste in my mouth when we are called "cocky" after humiliating the team that is, in my opinion, our most hated division rival and going 2-0 to start the season. 

Yeah, its early. We have a very long way to go. But its been damn negative in this place for a year. I am going to celebrate like a fan for the start we are off to, a defense that currently looks vicious and a QB that is showing he may be more capable than what a lot of the huddle haters gave him credit for being. 

It's pretty normal to be excited based on what we have done so far. And I am going to be. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I just have a bad taste in my mouth when we are called "cocky" after humiliating the team that is, in my opinion, our most hated division rival and going 2-0 to start the season. 

Yeah, its early. We have a very long way to go. But its been damn negative in this place for a year. I am going to celebrate like a fan for the start we are off to, a defense that currently looks vicious and a QB that is showing he may be more capable than what a lot of the huddle haters gave him credit for being. 

It's pretty normal to be excited based on what we have done so far. And I am going to be. 

Most of that will wash away with a winning season so hopefully that's on the horizon but it's difficult to blame folks for being hesitant this is a fanbase that has been snakebitten a few times to put it mildly. I'm thrilled we kicked the poo out of the Saints though that's the starting point 👍

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1