• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Carr loving the Panthers and Matt Rhule

Zod

4 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

Yet another “college defense” comment. 

That’s not necessarily a bad thing. As Carr went on to say our players aren’t blowing coverages and are quick. Let’s be honest with ourselves, it is a defense you’d see in college, with better athletes, coaching and execution. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Newbie said:

That’s not necessarily a bad thing. As Carr went on to say our players aren’t blowing coverages and are quick. Let’s be honest with ourselves, it is a defense you’d see in college, with better athletes, coaching and execution. 

Yeah, I am not sure why everyone assumes my comment was negative.  I agree with you and your comment sounds a lot like Baldy's take.

The reason I pointed it out was it echoed Brees' comment Sunday night and on that thread many posters were pointing out that we had a "college defense" last year but not this year.

Also, either way, both comments were the first time I had personally heard anyone label our D as a College D and it came back to back after great results.

3 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Yeah, I am not sure why everyone assumes my comment was negative.  I agree with you and your comment sounds a lot like Baldy's take.

The reason I pointed it out was it echoed Brees' comment Sunday night and on that thread many posters were pointing out that we had a "college defense" last year but not this year.

Also, either way, both comments were the first time I had personally heard anyone label our D as a College D and it came back to back after great results.

Bruce Arians described us as a college defense last year. I don’t think he was being complimentary however. I never thought after looking over our new coaching staff that Phil Snow would be the one that excites me. Homie is Master Yoda as far as I’m concerned.