• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey and Horn Injury Updates

Proudiddy

Was watching GMF on NFLN on the re-air, and Rapaport specifically stated Horn broke "bones," as in plural, in his foot.  He also said we should know more about the severity of CMC's hamstring later today.  So, I'll use this as a place holder for when we get an update on both or either, and hopefully it's all good news!

I'm suspecting Horn is gonna be out 6-8 weeks. Possibly shorter, depending on severity.

CMC is likely dependent on an MRI today. If it's not a full tear, and it doesn't appear to be, then I think he'll probably be out for anywhere from 3-8 weeks.

Honestly, not even that worried about all this. I'm very zen-like about it. Maybe the 3-0 record has me optimistic but it just feels like we're gonna be fine.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, w280sax said:

Speculative but sounds not great 

Yup, didnt know he had tweeted this when I created the thread, but when I heard him specifically state "bones," and not "bone" on the show this morning, I had a feeling it wasn't just gonna be a few weeks.  Still hoping that's the worst case scenario and we get some more encouraging news once they look at it... 

Also, sounded bad even in the post-game speech, the team sounded pretty down and Rhule as well.  When he addressed them, he mentioned CMC and Horn went down and Horn was in the other room "hurting," so he asked the other players to spread some positivity to those guys.  

I'll say this about CMC. I had a slightly torn labrum in college from a football injury. It still doesn't feel right sometimes, especially if I'm going heavy on overhead press or if my bench form falters.

Granted the labrum doesn't self repair like a partially torn hammy will, but still. This has the potential to nag/reoccur with CMC going forward

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yup, didnt know he had tweeted this when I created the thread, but when I heard him specifically state "bones," and not "bone" on the show this morning, I had a feeling it wasn't just gonna be a few weeks.  Still hoping that's the worst case scenario and we get some more encouraging news once they look at it...  

One bone or two bones, takes the same amount of time to heal.  It's not like if you more bones break it takes longer to heal.  He's going to be out 8 weeks minimum though.  Maybe 6, but those bones are a bit thicker and I would think would take longer to heal compared to if was lower down on the foot.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, countryboi said:

I know its the 5 metatarsal because bone is very easy to break, the doctor may want to put a plate on it but that normally depends on how its healing after a few weeks. either way he is at least out month and a half even without surgery most likely the season 

That sucks

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

so was it the turf? the cleats? I mean I was holding my breath when DJ went down too. The field was the real opponent last night. 

I feel like Thursday Night Football was the enemy last night.  I would HATE TNF if I was a player.  All so the league can make more money and players don't get enough time off in between games.

• Pie 4

Just now, dpm0409 said:

I feel like Thursday Night Football was the enemy last night.  I would HATE TNF if I was a player.  All so the league can make more money and players don't get enough time off in between games.

Yes.  At one point, I thought there was discussion about TNF teams only playing after their bye so they have enough time to recover and prepare.  

3 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Very speculative and I don't trust Twitter doctors but here is one tweet I saw.

I'm hoping CMC can be back by early November to face the Patriots