• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"a team that, while is 3-0, isn’t in the same class"

rayzor

5 hours ago, joemac said:

I hate this idea. Muh “haven’t played anybody yet”. All NFL teams are chock full of NFL players and NFL coaches. They are all incredibly talented. Any NFL team can beat any NFL team. It happens every week. You play who the NFL puts on your schedule, and so far we’ve beaten them all, in convincing fashion each week.

I hear what you're saying, but there's rankings in sports for a reason.  Yes there are professional players and coaches on all NFL teams, but all players and coaches aren't as gifted, talented, and experienced on the same levels.  Panthers were supposed to have trashed the Jets, Saints and Texans....  the Jets and Texans are terrible teams and the Saints are an average at best team who were missing several coaches when Carolina played them.  The Panthers are SUPPOSED to be 3-0 against those teams under those conditions.   They did what they were expected to do.  Like I said, they haven't played anybody of significance and have the opportunity to prove themselves against a solid Cowboys team this week.   They beat them, Carolina would get more respect for a legit win.

Carolina is missing two solid starters and Dallas is missing 6 starters.  Dallas is still playing solid football, but Carolina can take advantage of Dallas missing those key guys.

21 hours ago, 5Rings said:

You losers beat the Jets, Texans, and Saints (with no coaches).

What do all of those teams have in common? They don’t have a QB or WRs and their defenses are terrible.

You’re about to run into a damn buzzsaw and you’re all weird for thinking your dog crap team is about to actually beat the Cowboys 😂 

Don’t be surprised if your team doesn’t score a single point. See you in a couple days. 

You're cute. You weren't even alive the last time the boys have been winners.  

6 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Again, clinging to those trophies when they probably aren't even old enough to remember those runs. Imagine bragging about something that happened 25 years ago. 

I definitely hear where you're coming from, but it did happen.  It holds more weight than NEVER happened in team history.  That's all I was saying. 

• Flames 1

This post is for those who claim we haven't beaten anybody. 

Y'all are idiots. The media that says this ignorant shot is just as stupid. 

We don't pick who we play. We play the team next up on the schedule.  We took care of business every game.  

That makes us 3-0. 

This weekend, we'll take care of business,  and be 4-0

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, DakInYourMouths said:

corny.  thought this type of disgusting clown show attitude was reserved for philly pieces of poo.    you should feel embarrassed.   

Dude.  You're on the CAROLINA PANTHERS messageboard.  

WTF did you expect to see here?   Dak Praise?  Cowboys Worship?   😂 

If you wanted either of that, maybe it would be best if you went back to your own board.

Edited by glenwo2

2 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

I hear what you're saying, but there's rankings in sports for a reason.  Yes there are professional players and coaches on all NFL teams, but all players and coaches aren't as gifted, talented, and experienced on the same levels.  Panthers were supposed to have trashed the Jets, Saints and Texans....  the Jets and Texans are terrible teams and the Saints are an average at best team who were missing several coaches when Carolina played them.  The Panthers are SUPPOSED to be 3-0 against those teams under those conditions.   They did what they were expected to do.  Like I said, they haven't played anybody of significance and have the opportunity to prove themselves against a solid Cowboys team this week.   They beat them, Carolina would get more respect for a legit win.

Carolina is missing two solid starters and Dallas is missing 6 starters.  Dallas is still playing solid football, but Carolina can take advantage of Dallas missing those key guys.

Eh.  Here's the thing.  NOBODY projected us to beat the Saints.  We weren't suppose to.  I understand though, things happened with the Saints.  We still weren't picked to be winners.  The Saints game, even amongst fans, was always kind of a tossup in the offseason.  Nobody really knew what they would be like; what should be expected from Jameis.

At any rate, whether we were SUPPOSED to be 3-0 or 2-1 isn't really the big thing here.  We weren't SUPPOSED to be the #1 defense in the NFL.  In fact we were projected to be 25th.  We certainly weren't projected to be on a historic pace for yards allowed and rush yards allowed.  The 2000 Ravens allowed 60 yards rushing per game.  We're allowing 45 per game.  No RB has rushed for more than 25 yards against us.  Are those stats going to stay that impressive for 14 more games?  No, of course not.  But my point is, we weren't SUPPOSE to suffocate those teams.  Yeah we beat who we were supposed to beat, but we've done so decidedly, so much so that we're the only NFL team this season who has never played from behind.

As far as respect goes, if we are talking about from the media, that won't happen until we win consistently.  It's not a one year thing (see 2015).  It's a year after year we're in the playoff hunt.  Nobody is going to put their reputation out there and say the Panthers are real contenders.  Gotta prove it.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

They beat them, Carolina would get more respect for a legit win.

except people are already seeding the excuses with statements like this. if we win, it will be all, “oh, dallas was down bleh bleh bleh….”

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

except people are already seeding the excuses with statements like this. if we win, it will be all, “oh, dallas was down bleh bleh bleh….”

Well despite Dallas missing six guys, they have still been playing solid ball so I dont think excuses can be used there for them.

There's a few of the Panther fans here giving excuses already as well.  I've seen a few posts claiming that if the Cowboys win, its because of the refs.  Thats loser talk.

2 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Eh.  Here's the thing.  NOBODY projected us to beat the Saints.  We weren't suppose to.  I understand though, things happened with the Saints.  We still weren't picked to be winners.  The Saints game, even amongst fans, was always kind of a tossup in the offseason.  Nobody really knew what they would be like; what should be expected from Jameis.

At any rate, whether we were SUPPOSED to be 3-0 or 2-1 isn't really the big thing here.  We weren't SUPPOSED to be the #1 defense in the NFL.  In fact we were projected to be 25th.  We certainly weren't projected to be on a historic pace for yards allowed and rush yards allowed.  The 2000 Ravens allowed 60 yards rushing per game.  We're allowing 45 per game.  No RB has rushed for more than 25 yards against us.  Are those stats going to stay that impressive for 14 more games?  No, of course not.  But my point is, we weren't SUPPOSE to suffocate those teams.  Yeah we beat who we were supposed to beat, but we've done so decidedly, so much so that we're the only NFL team this season who has never played from behind.

As far as respect goes, if we are talking about from the media, that won't happen until we win consistently.  It's not a one year thing (see 2015).  It's a year after year we're in the playoff hunt.  Nobody is going to put their reputation out there and say the Panthers are real contenders.  Gotta prove it.

Panthers are solid, no question!!

13 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

This is why Rhule is showing more promise than Rivera. For the first time we are beating the teams we are supposed to beat, handily.