• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The day after, I can't help but be upset with Snow...

Proudiddy

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I have been singing his praises since about midway through last year.  I've compared him to Jim Johnson and Dick LeBeau...  but, now, it's time to acknowledge where he has fallen short.  Yesterday was preventable and shouldn't have played out the way it did.  The more I've thought back on the game, the more irritated I get that Snow just kept doing the same thing and getting the defense gashed all day.  I know the Cowboys are a good team and I know they are well-balanced offensively, but Zeke hasn't ran like that in years.  And yes, they were blatantly and egregiously holding virtually every play, and all of that had an effect on the game.  I guess Snow was just trying to make sure we didn't give up a big pass, first and foremost, but it was at the expense of the defense getting ran through and over all day.  

I've lauded Snow for his ingenuity and creativeness as our DC.  But, yesterday, there was none of that.  It was very Fox and Rivera like, and I wish I knew the reason he stuck with it...  it's just disappointing because I have actively tried to avoid listening to or watching any national shows because I already know the narrative they'll be spinning - how we got exposed, how we are pretenders, etc., and that's if they even acknowledge us.  From what I saw last night, briefly, most of the highlights glossed over anything we did and just went on about how great the Cowboys were (also completely ignoring the Chinn fumble call).  It sucks.  It's not just that we lost, it's that our vaunted defense got dismantled while losing.  Add to that that we'll be playing one of the weakest schedules over the next few weeks and I can't imagine anyone taking us seriously for quite awhile, no matter how well we play.  

I guess the silver lining is that we will most definitely now fly under the radar until we run into real competition again, giving us time to build some momentum until then.  But man, I just really hate that we wasted an opportunity to get the respect this team deserves.

Oh well, on to the next one.

it honestly sounds like you make very dramatic and rash decisions and opinions on things you're passionate about.

to go from calling him LeBeau to "not taken seriously" after one game is the perfect example of this psycho evaluation.

• Beer 3

20 minutes ago, GOAT said:

it honestly sounds like you make very dramatic and rash decisions and opinions on things you're passionate about.

to go from calling him LeBeau to "not taken seriously" after one game is the perfect example of this psycho evaluation.

Where did I say I don't take him seriously?  And you put that in quotes despite it not being stated?😂

I simply said I was upset with the game he called and that he came up short in what I expected yesterday.  Yes, that seems like a really "rash" and "dramatic," take.🤣

That tells me all I need to know about your "psycho evaluation" here.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I have been singing his praises since about midway through last year.  I've compared him to Jim Johnson and Dick LeBeau...  but, now, it's time to acknowledge where he has fallen short.  Yesterday was preventable and shouldn't have played out the way it did.  The more I've thought back on the game, the more irritated I get that Snow just kept doing the same thing and getting the defense gashed all day.  I know the Cowboys are a good team and I know they are well-balanced offensively, but Zeke hasn't ran like that in years.  And yes, they were blatantly and egregiously holding virtually every play, and all of that had an effect on the game.  I guess Snow was just trying to make sure we didn't give up a big pass, first and foremost, but it was at the expense of the defense getting ran through and over all day.  

I've lauded Snow for his ingenuity and creativeness as our DC.  But, yesterday, there was none of that.  It was very Fox and Rivera like, and I wish I knew the reason he stuck with it...  it's just disappointing because I have actively tried to avoid listening to or watching any national shows because I already know the narrative they'll be spinning - how we got exposed, how we are pretenders, etc., and that's if they even acknowledge us.  From what I saw last night, briefly, most of the highlights glossed over anything we did and just went on about how great the Cowboys were (also completely ignoring the Chinn fumble call).  It sucks.  It's not just that we lost, it's that our vaunted defense got dismantled while losing.  Add to that that we'll be playing one of the weakest schedules over the next few weeks and I can't imagine anyone taking us seriously for quite awhile, no matter how well we play.  

I guess the silver lining is that we will most definitely now fly under the radar until we run into real competition again, giving us time to build some momentum until then.  But man, I just really hate that we wasted an opportunity to get the respect this team deserves.

Oh well, on to the next one.

Here’s what pissed me off. The plays to Shultz. He would let Burns release and turn around in the flat. They ran that play at least 6-8 times. How do we not say “hey, just stick with Shultz. I don’t care if he stops blocking and just stands there.” But that’s a play Dallas has run all season on everybody. That being said, it’s hard to sell out to stop the run with that many weapons at receiver. This is a young team. And they’ll get better. Minnesota and Philly will not be easy. I think those are quality wins if we can get them.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, CarolinaXblue said:

Here’s what pissed me off. The plays to Shultz. He would let Burns release and turn around in the flat. They ran that play at least 6-8 times. How do we not say “hey, just stick with Shultz. I don’t care if he stops blocking and just stands there.” But that’s a play Dallas has run all season on everybody. That being said, it’s hard to sell out to stop the run with that many weapons at receiver. This is a young team. And they’ll get better. Minnesota and Philly will not be easy. I think those are quality wins if we can get them.

Yeah, Schultz was singlehandedly passing me off with that check and release garbage...  and he got Franklin on it too.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Where did I say I don't take him seriously?  And you put that in quotes despite it not being stated?

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I can't imagine anyone taking us seriously for quite awhile

My apologies for not quoting you verbatim, I am a pysch major not a law major.

16 minutes ago, GOAT said:

My apologies for not quoting you verbatim, I am a pysch major not a law major.

You don't have to be any major to determine that's a very different statement than the one you purported I said.

But, I make rash decisions and opinions.  Ok.