• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missing Piece on D

t96

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'd rather have Jordan Gross come out of retirement. 

I honestly think Gross at his current 185 pounds would be a better LT than anyone we've had since he retired besides the 1 year of Oher.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

Let a man dream!

Of course I fully support Luke and if he is truly done and doesn't have the itch to return then good for him. But I do think that quote about his retirement leaves it open a bit especially the "Now is an opportunity to step away with what’s going on here.” That says to me that a decent sized factor in the retirement decision was us going into a rebuild and getting rid of Cam, etc. He may have the itch to return with the team looking much better than expected and especially the defense he'd get to play with.

Maybe he meants whats going on here with himself, interpretation is a tricky thing

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Maybe he meants whats going on here with himself, interpretation is a tricky thing

Yeah very well could be. I just can't help but think about this D with Luke. Carter is the weakest link on D right now and we have the GOAT MLB on our reserve list...

I wonder if that Huddler who broke Luke's retirement shortly before it was public is still around. I know he had some connections to Luke and was 100% spot on on that. Wonder if we could get an answer as to if this is a possibility (even if just like 5%) or if we should end the speculation before it even begins.

I said this when he retired, but he is gonna come back and probably play a season or two for the Bills or WFT. I don’t think he retired because of health issues. I think he quit because he didn’t want to be apart of a rebuild and he thought the panthers were gonna be in the gutter for the next 3-4 years. And would ya look at that the panthers are exceeding expectations and he is throwing out teasers lol 

Just now, 4Corners said:

I said this when he retired, but he is gonna come back and probably play a season or two for the Bills or WFT. I don’t think he retired because of health issues. I think he quit because he didn’t want to be apart of a rebuild and he thought the panthers were gonna be in the gutter for the next 3-4 years. And would ya look at that the panthers are exceeding expectations and he is throwing out teasers lol 

The quote from my first post was from when he retired in early 2020, not recent. I haven't seen any teasers or hints about him actually considering returning

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

A bit of an exaggeration but still he lost a ton of weight

img_2387-e1406552956867.jpg?w=296&h=309&crop=1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/the-incredible-shrinking-jordan-gross/

He, Kevin Donnelly, and some other o-lineman have notably lost weight. It really seems that they have to force-feed themselves to stay at playing weight.

Just now, t96 said:

The quote from my first post was from when he retired in early 2020, not recent. I haven't seen any teasers or hints about him actually considering returning

Ok fair point I misunderstood 

I have no clue what he is doing now and I bet he doesn’t know either. Probably going to invest in a restaurant or bar. 

• Pie 1