• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reddick + Jackson + Gilmore cost?

onmyown

4 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

The front office has budget for the future.  Fitterer said we are financially sound for the next few years.  They have a plan in mind, most likely broken down by position group.

During his Mac Attack interview this morning, Fitterer said the team had "budgeted" for Donte Jackson.

• Pie 3

24 minutes ago, Mage said:

It really depends on how Gilmore performs.  

I loved the trade but he's 31, gonna be 32 next season.  I can't see us giving him more than $10m per.

For Gilmore I could see something like 3 years, 45 mil, with 28 guaranteed or something along those lines.  Give a big chunk of it in a signing bonus. Donte maybe a little longer contract?  Hes not #1 material right now, so maybe along the same lines as Gilmore?  Reddick, IDK about him...hes an enigma.  Need to see how he does the rest of the season.  If he has another 12-13 sack year we might not be able to afford him.  Those types of dudes get 100 million dollar contracts on the open market. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

During his Mac Attack interview this morning, Fitterer said the team had "budgeted" for Donte Jackson.

I wonder if that was before or after we got Gilmore?  They keep saying it doesnt change anything so I guess we will see.  Also, we are projected right now to have like 100 million in cap space in 2023 so its gonna be time to throw a lot of cash around very soon. 

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

There are some quality LTs coming up for FA. Now whether their teams let them go. Or their price is outlandish. Maybe this FO is willing to give it a go. I know they like youth. But a quality LT would improve this team tremendously.

Only top tier LT that I can’t think that will be a free agent is Armstead mainly because the Saints have zero cap space and have a giant ? at quarterback. Winston is a FA as well if I remember correctly.

Orlando Brown is the only other guy I can think of but I doubt the Chiefs traded what they did for him as a one year rental.

Who else is a plug and play starter that will be a free agent?

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

Only top tier LT that I can’t think that will be a free agent is Armstead mainly because the Saints have zero cap space and have a giant ? at quarterback. Winston is a FA as well if I remember correctly.

Orlando Brown is the only other guy I can think of but I doubt the Chiefs traded what they did for him as a one year rental.

Who else is a plug and play starter that will be a free agent?

Without looking it up. I was thinking Decker, and Armstead. So I wasn't expect too much talent out there to begin with.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Then who was I thinking of?

Idk but that’s why I was saying if we want an immediate plug and play stud at LT finally, the only option in FA is Armstead.

We have the cap space to outbid everyone. It’s time to finally stop neglecting the most important position in football outside of QB.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Unless Sam explodes into something great, i don't anticipate him being here when that contract runs out. Hopefully he gets a pro bowl.

So you get rid of a good-not-great QB after multiple failures since Cam, what do you do then if Darnold is just good but not great, and the QB you replace him with is not? 

1 hour ago, joemac said:

I wonder if that was before or after we got Gilmore?  They keep saying it doesnt change anything so I guess we will see.  Also, we are projected right now to have like 100 million in cap space in 2023 so its gonna be time to throw a lot of cash around very soon. 

Well, the interview was post-Gilmore, so I'm guessing the sentiment is also.

• Pie 1

around 30 per year, but first year maybe around 10.

In this past off-season, I said the tag was there for Djack. It gave many here a heart-attack followed by derp derp he is not top 5 derp derp. Funny how silence is now. 

You could tag and trade Djack as well. I do not know if they will be able to keep both Gilmore and Djack regardless of what Finessererereerr states. Need to wait and see how well Horn heals, CJ henderson plays, Gilmore plays, hartsfield too. Its a pure waiting game for the CB/DB/NB group. 

We likely need extensions for:

DJ Moore

Stephon Gilmore

Sam Darnold

Brian Burns

Haason Reddick

AJ Bouye (maybe pending on the season)

Marquis Haynes (maybe)

Jermaine Carter (maybe)

That itself is quite the sum of money. I would rather let Jackson walk with our current CB room and invest in OL. Especially with our limited draft picks.

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

Idk but that’s why I was saying if we want an immediate plug and play stud at LT finally, the only option in FA is Armstead.

We have the cap space to outbid everyone. It’s time to finally stop neglecting the most important position in football outside of QB.

I'm not sure too many folks are willing to go with the "Outbidding" angle. That Kalil fiasco may still be fresh in everyone's mind. 

A fair price, for a good to great OT is more where we are at presently.

17 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I'm not sure too many folks are willing to go with the "Outbidding" angle. That Kalil fiasco may still be fresh in everyone's mind. 

A fair price, for a good to great OT is more where we are at presently.

One is an all pro who has missed 4 out of the 89 games he’s played. The other was an oft injured player who was already teetering into bust territory. Not even remotely similar.

4 years 90 to 95 million is probably be his market value. We could sign him and depending on structure will still have 40+ million in cap space left.