• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold’s Upside

HardcoreHokie

12 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

He has great arm talent that’s about it at this point. 

He can’t take advantage of it though because of his nerves and slow progression through his reads. It’s not all his fault but he’s showing that he’s not the type that can elevate the team.

It is completely between the ears. He isn't unlike other bust QB's in that regard. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

but he is showing he help decrease the odds of overall team success.    He is doing his inexcusable clean pocket throw thing.  

Not disputing that at all at this point. His overall game was terrible but the final drive from last week was the best thing we’ve seen him do and I think that was just him being forced to sling it without thinking. Maybe those were the kind of throws that gave Rhule hope about him.

Edited by OneBadCat

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Not disputing that at all at this point. His overall game was terrible but the final drive from last week was the best thing we’ve seen him do and I think that was just him being forced to sling it without thinking. Maybe those were the kind of throws that gave Rhule hope about him.

Reminds me of the things said about Kyle Allen after that Green Bay game….

1 hour ago, firefox1234 said:

Reminds me of the things said about Kyle Allen after that Green Bay game….

Honestly Kyle has had better moments than Sam at this point.  Kyle isn’t that bad though he just doesn’t have the size and physical talent.

Heineke was is pretty solid but you can tell he’s one play away from IR

• 2 weeks later...