• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positionless Players and the Problem with Being Anti Meta.

TheMaulClaw

9 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Some of these doofs really are trying for that lol. Not only that but if they just fall on a fumble we win too. Defense fuged up down the stretch...its like its hurting their pussy to admit this.

Yea the defense creates back-to-back turnovers and you get great field position and no points off of them. That darn defense if they could of gotten atleast one more turnover we would have won it I tell ya. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Von Miller was really the only speed rusher. DWare is a big dude...traditional DE.

6-4 260 not a monster especially considering Charles Johnson was 280 at 6-2 

von is like 250

malik Jackson was 280 playing DE

not to mention trevathan and Marshall were both a bit light at MLB both around 230

derek wolf 295 at 3-4 DE across the board a little light for a traditional 3-4 in ether case I feel we compare favorably 

Overall, our defense was not the problem in this game.  At all.  Multiple defensive turnovers, got a safety, though a TD would have been nice.  They had 273 total yards.  This should have been an easy win with this defense, but it's hard on a defense to constantly be defending short fields because the offense keeps handing the ball right back.  The offense was just garbage after the 1st quarter and there is only so much the defense can do.

Sam Darnold has probably thrown 4 picks the last 2 weeks inside own territory. Outside of the deep ball given up by Sam Franklin, the defense held its own. Factor in a punter that averages 39 yards per punt, we dont put defense in advantageous situations, last couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Yea the defense creates back-to-back turnovers and you get great field position and no points off of them. That darn defense if they could of gotten atleast one more turnover we would have won it I tell ya. 

I know man. Its like you get a few stops and turnovers then you quit playing D bro. Only 3 Q to a NFL game!

5 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

If the offense would have gave us atleast 1 quarter that would have been enough to beat the Eagles. 

Listen I said in the the op that the D is greatly improved...however it had a complete collapse in the Cowboys game and it collapsed in the 4th quarter today. We have a glaring weakness stopping the run when we need too.

We can say the same thing about CMC and our rb situation. They're awesome until we need to pick up a yard on 3rd and 1.

17 minutes ago, Star Platinum said:

6-4 260 not a monster especially considering Charles Johnson was 280 at 6-2 

von is like 250

malik Jackson was 280 playing DE

not to mention trevathan and Marshall were both a bit light at MLB both around 230

derek wolf 295 at 3-4 DE across the board a little light for a traditional 3-4 in ether case I feel we compare favorably 

6-4 260 is a monster for a 3-4 outside lb.

15 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Listen I said in the the op that the D is greatly improved...however it had a complete collapse in the Cowboys game and it collapsed in the 4th quarter today. We have a glaring weakness stopping the run when we need too.

We can say the same thing about CMC and our rb situation. They're awesome until we need to pick up a yard on 3rd and 1.

I didn't quote you, so your op wasn't who that post was responding to.

No defense in the NFL is perfect, and no modern NFL defense is going to shut down an offense for the entirety of the game. Outside of the Dallas game the run defense has been above average.  Eagles have one of the best duel threat Qb's in the league as far as being able to run the ball. That puts stress on run fits when you have to account for that. 

Unbeknownst to Panther fans but some teams do have competent offensive lines that can get you a yard or two when it's needed. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme