• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Gen Stats - How bad it really was

Zod

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The issues the Seahawks have been having on the OL for years now married with this disaster of an OL we're fielding = definitely concerning.

This and why is “in on every deal” Fitterer not catching flack for our college quality OL. 

Yup, and again, the embarrassing thing is, and Rhule even said it himself, they generated all that pressure by mostly only rushing 4 and at most 5.  Our OL couldn't block 1 on 1s, at all.  They weren't overloaded, they were just getting beat by the man in front of them every play.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Yup, and again, the embarrassing thing is, and Rhule even said it himself, they generated all that pressure by mostly only rushing 4 and at most 5.  Our OL couldn't block 1 on 1s, at all.  They weren't overloaded, they were just getting beat by the man in front of them every play.

Hold on now...they were doing this super secret special technique called a stunt....the same stunt too 4+ times. How can you be expected to stop THAT.

lol its really sad and pathetic man

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, jtm said:

This and why is “in on every deal” Fitterer not catching flack for our college quality OL. 

Oh, he is now. And they can't use the injury excuse. The two guys who are out are our two new Gas who both came to us with serious durability concerns. Them missing time was entirely predictable.

• Flames 1

How is this for next gen stats too.

Don't think i've seen someone mention that the Eagles player went out of bounds TWICE to stop the clock and we still couldn't stop the run we knew was coming with our 3 Timeouts....we could stop it 5 times and get the ball back but didn't....Eagles were still derping to the end we just won the derp ass contest.

• Pie 1

Also, equally as bothersome was looking back in hindsight, it seems Brady did nothing to slow down the pass rush.  His calls actually played into their strengths and the pressure.  I remember playing teams with bad OLs in the past and their whole gameplan was lateral - smoke screens, end arounds, misdirection, jet sweeps, fake jet sweeps, hb screens, etc.  By getting the ball out quick and to the flats, the defense is forced to slow down the rush because when they floor it everytime the ball is snapped against those plays, they've already overpursued and are out of the play by the time the ball comes out.  Much like how Philly slowed ours down by running the read option more at the end...  it put pressure on us laterally so we couldn't keep rushing straight upfield.  We barely did any of that.  Only maybe a handful of plays.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Don't think i've seen someone mention that the Eagles player went out of bounds TWICE to stop the clock and we still couldn't stop the run we knew was coming with our 3 Timeouts....we could stop it 5 times and get the ball back but didn't....Eagles were still derping to the end we just won the derp ass contest.

I was LMAO when that Eagles RB lost four or five yards AND went out of bounds. Like, damn. Other hand a turnover that's the worst possible outcome in that situation. And like you said, we still out-derped them.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I was LMAO when that Eagles RB lost four or five yards AND went out of bounds. Like, damn. Other hand a turnover that's the worst possible outcome in that situation. And like you said, we still out-derped them.

Right, the Eagles never started to play well....all their poo was off the derp off. 

Also out of pie or i'd have dished some out a few times already today.

• Pie 1

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

...Yea....and KC is 2-3 and Mahomes threw 3 picks last night...

Yea it was their starting Gs fault. If they didn't draft him to push around Ed Oliver all game KC would be undefeated and Patty would have thrown for 21 TDs last night.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, jtm said:

I'll grant Fitterer that quality OL to be had via FA or trade are in short supply, however....

Since you're not brand new to the league, scarcity in the market of quality OL to be had from other teams seems like the sort of thing you should ALREADY have known prior to the draft, and it should have made drafting OL a much higher priority. Seviceable to good WR's are a dime a dozen in the NFL, even crap teams have a couple of good ones, but FItt gets no pass from me for failing to take this into account when drafting Marshall. I made a post just after the draft that caught a lot of flack which pointed out all of the highly graded OL who were available when we drafted Marshall.

Being a good GM isn't just making tons of deals and shrugging your shoulders when the crucial position group can't be had that way. It's knowing you won't be able to fix that part of your team via trades and FA and drafting accordingly. 

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and right now I think we all know what this pudding tastes like.

2 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Bc our defense was on the field the entire second half.

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

And people gave me grief for being upset we took Marshall in the 2nd over a quality OL, even after I made it clear my problem wasn't with Marshall but with continuing to ignore the OL til later rounds. Let's take a quick poll, who would trade Marshall right now for a quality interior lineman?

Especially since Brady rarely uses him.  It appears that they only took Marshall to keep him away from the Saint. 

• Beer 1