• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know you don't want to hear it but if you aren't going to pay D. Jackson top 5 CB money then you need to trade him

TheBigKat

32 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Each circumstance is unique. Gilmore and the Patriots couldn't negotiate a contract that would allow the Pats a little more cap room, so their best bet was to release him. The Panthers paid a 6th so they wouldn't have to compete.

Jackson has had a strong year - so far - and shows signs of a breakout. His tackling ability has improved noticeably. For a team like Green Bay or another contender, giving up a late 2nd wouldn't be that big of an ask.

And, the Jaguars insisted on Dan Arnold. He's not JAG.

I'm okay with debating the facts, but let's stick to them and not try to mold them to our narratives.

We have played one team this year with good WRs and a good QB though…

and that team happened to run for 250 yards on us.  Which limited the need to really go at our secondary hard.

He has had a good start,  odds say he probably is closer to the guy he has been over the past 3 seasons than the one this small window is painting. 

this is a big show me week IMO.  2 great WRs and a good QB.  

• Pie 1

On 10/11/2021 at 9:04 AM, Eazy-E said:

Out of the top 10 highest paid corners, only one is under 6ft tall and that is Tre’Devious White. He is 5’11 and pushing close to 200lbs. I don’t think that is a coincidence.

I think Donte’s size will keep him from getting top 5 money. Donte will probably land in the 15 million per range which funny enough is where James Bradberry landed.

what donte lacks in height he makes up for in speed

where else are you gonna get a CB with Dontes speed and willingness to tackle?

Injuries and Freelancing are a concern but there's not many DBs who offer what Tae can.

paying Jackson big money seems like a Hurney move.  Which is what Robby feels like too. 

and a lot of the board praised many of the the Hurney contracts….that they would later bash him so hard for.  

Nothing would make me want to make Jackson a highly paid DB any time in the near future.  Even if he had a 2015 Norman season (which I doubt)….you gotta beware of guys who have one season that runs in contrast their entire career.  

• Pie 1

On 10/11/2021 at 5:58 AM, Zod said:

It isn't a bad point to make. 

I mean...it's the not worst point ever made by the OP, that's for sure. But while I am also leery of contract year superstars, I think Dante is the closest thing to a sure thing going forward for this secondary. Horn has only 3 games, Henderson and Gilmore do come with question marks, so if some team was gonna offer me a pro bowl caliber guard in his prime for Dante, would I bite? Probably. Is that likely to happen? Not really.

26 is a want, not a need… do you keep him if you can? Yes? Do you let him go for the right price? Oh hell yeah…

talk them up when you’re selling, talk ‘em down when you’re buying.. 

“your room is loaded, here’s your fair market value contract offer, considering the upward trend of the team..”

”have you not seen his play elevate year to year? The kid is ballin’…. Need a ‘22 2nd & ‘23 3rd & you can have him….”