• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady Press Conference After the PHI Game

SBBlue

Just now, Pantherxtreme said:

WIth the defense and running backs on this team, they could have won many games with a game manager like Bridgewater. 

There's some myth on this board that you need a Mahomes to win a Superbowl. Denver whipped us in the Super bowl when Manning's arm was completely shot. The 49ers got to the big game riding a great defense and ball control offense with Jimmy G. 

But maybe you guys are right, you definitely need a big arm to deliver those long comeback routes that defensive backs are sitting on and keep getting picked off. 

You are 100% correct  on the QB requirements. 
Teddy wasn't awesome,  but we didn't go to Sam for the deep ball:

screen-shot-2021-04-24-at-2.01.21-pm.png

We went to Sam because he doesn't blame the coaches like Teddy did.  In a media circus world where everyone is attacking you, you stick together and Teddy threw everyone else under the bus.  Teddy publicly blamed Brady, Brady wanted him gone, and he's gone. 

1 minute ago, Pantherxtreme said:

WIth the defense and running backs on this team, they could have won many games with a game manager like Bridgewater. 

There's some myth on this board that you need a Mahomes to win a Superbowl. Denver whipped us in the Super bowl when Manning's arm was completely shot. The 49ers got to the big game riding a great defense and ball control offense with Jimmy G. 

But maybe you guys are right, you definitely need a big arm to deliver those long comeback routes that defensive backs are sitting on and keep getting picked off. 

In my opinion Teddy B is doing better in Denver bc they have pieces that fit his skillset better. Actually one of the bright spots from Teddy's time here was his mobility. He was quite good. Of course he had some gaffes like fumbling just as Sam has but he made the oline look decent. It was the short passes that we were not going to win with against better teams though. The lack of any semblance of a deep pass from our offense isn't helping matters with Sam getting beaten up. These teams watch film and they know we aren't connecting on those so they really aren't at all scared and with talent like Moore and Anderson back there that's a shame. It all goes back to Rhule and Fitterers gamble with the oline the buck stops with them. It was never going to improve overnight but it could have been more manageable.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

You are 100% correct  on the QB requirements. 
Teddy wasn't awesome,  but we didn't go to Sam for the deep ball:

screen-shot-2021-04-24-at-2.01.21-pm.png

We went to Sam because he doesn't blame the coaches like Teddy did.  In a media circus world where everyone is attacking you, you stick together and Teddy threw everyone else under the bus.  Teddy publicly blamed Brady, Brady wanted him gone, and he's gone. 

Aha well if that's the case. This is definitely the season for Brady to show his mustard. If he's the offensive guru everyone proclaimed him to be. 

If not then maybe Teddy was right. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Aha well if that's the case. This is definitely the season for Brady to show his mustard. If he's the offensive guru everyone proclaimed him to be. 

If not then maybe Teddy was right. 

Yup.  And so far Brady hasn't shown us much.  With CMC in, the system works.  With CMC out,  I don't know which checkdown can catch.  Thomas and Chubba ain't it.  Tremble has a drop with few targets.  Royce freeman has 3 targets and no drops.  Spencer Brown has no NFL stats.  This is a clusterfk. 

We have a checkdown offense and no reliable checkdown without CMC.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We lost last week because he had 3 turnovers because we repeat routes and OUR CHECKDOWNS CAN'T CATCH. 

We lost last week because our quarterback threw multiple passes to defenders right in the numbers. Not Joe Brady. Not Matt Rhule. Not Scott Fitterer. Not Robby Anderson. Not Adam Gase. Sam Darnold.

Wailing for pages about the offensive coordinator but the second someone suggests the quarterback actually shares responsibility for giving the ball to the other team it's time to go on the attack. Sounds like a great recipe to keep this franchise stuck at only 7 winning seasons.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Wailing for pages about the offensive coordinator but the second someone suggests the quarterback actually shares responsibility for giving the ball to the other team it's time to go on the attack. Sounds like a great recipe to keep this franchise stuck at only 7 winning seasons.

I don't think anyone is letting Sam off the hook, he is complicit in the loss by virtue of three terrible interceptions. That cannot continue. That said, Brady has sucked ass. The two are not mutually exclusive.

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

WTF?  You jets fans are so fickle.   It is now apparent that the jets deserve what they have gotten.  Please, if you are going to be like this,  go back where you belong.

Sam has shown he can play at a high level.  He has had 3 300 yard games and set a record for rushing touchdowns in his first 5 games.  We lost to Dallas because the D sht the bed.  We lost last week because he had 3 turnovers because we repeat routes and OUR CHECKDOWNS CAN'T CATCH. 

Had he thrown to Thomas he would have dropped it because that is when Thomas drops the ball, when we absolutely need him to catch it.  I can show you 3rd down after 3rd down where THOMAS DROPS THE BALL.  You cannot go to Thomas on 3rd down.  You cannot go to Thomas in 2 minute drill. The pressure goes straight to his head.  

Yanno, he's right.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, frankw said:

We lost last week because our quarterback threw multiple passes to defenders right in the numbers. Not Joe Brady. Not Matt Rhule. Not Scott Fitterer. Not Robby Anderson. Not Adam Gase. Sam Darnold.

This isn't true.  The team lost and different plays from Darnold or Anderson or the special teams and we likely win.  Different play calls or 2nd half adjustments and we likely win.

Darnold deserves blame and Id even grant he deserves more than others for that game, but there were plenty of opportunities for a win despite him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

31 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

This isn't true.  The team lost and different plays from Darnold or Anderson or the special teams and we likely win.  Different play calls or 2nd half adjustments and we likely win.

Darnold deserves blame and Id even grant he deserves more than others for that game, but there were plenty of opportunities for a win despite him.

You mean we likely win despite our most important player turning the ball over 3 times. If he gets a pass in some degree for the turnovers then we have to look back at just how much credit he deserved for our stellar defense and CMC having a billion touches when we were 3-0. The loss of McCaffrey alone should not turn him right back into Jets Sam Darnold. He's a fourth year pro and still boom or bust. There are only six starting quarterbacks with a lower passer rating than Sam Darnold entering week 6. One is 39 year old Ben the others are Davis Mills Jacoby Brissett and three rookies from this years draft class.

Edited by frankw

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

You mean we likely win despite our most important player turning the ball over 3 times. If he gets a pass in some degree for the turnovers then we have to look back at just how much credit he deserved for our stellar defense and CMC having a billion touches when we were 3-0. The loss of McCaffrey alone should not turn him right back into Jets Sam Darnold. He's a fourth year pro and still boom or bust. There are only six starting quarterbacks with a lower passer rating than Sam Darnold entering week 6. One is 39 year old Ben the others are Davis Mills Jacoby Brissett and three rookies from this years draft class.

I never said he got a pass.  I said that the idea of dismissing every other person related to the Panthers as having a hand in the loss is incorrect.  Plays were there that could have changed that games outcome.  Yes Darnold sucked and deserves blame, as I said.

I would certainly say that DJ, CMC, and the defense had a hand in our wins.  Who the hell said otherwise? Lol.

By all means though, keep arguing a point I am not at all making.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Yup.  And so far Brady hasn't shown us much.  With CMC in, the system works.  With CMC out,  I don't know which checkdown can catch.  Thomas and Chubba ain't it.  Tremble has a drop with few targets.  Royce freeman has 3 targets and no drops.  Spencer Brown has no NFL stats.  This is a clusterfk. 

We have a checkdown offense and no reliable checkdown without CMC.

Chubba caught 7/8 this past sunday.  He just has nothing after the catch.  His average yard per reception is lowest on the team.  Overall he's 12 of 16.

Thomas is 9/12 which is a higher catch percentage than DJ Moore, but way less targets.  Is that an issue of not getting open?  I don't know.  Arnold was 7/11 with much higher average yards, fyi.

These stats are raw btw and I don't know how many were uncatchable balls for example.

For giggles, Tremble is 3 catches for 6 targets, which is awful.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I never said he got a pass.  I said that the idea of dismissing every other person related to the Panthers as having a hand in the loss is incorrect.  Plays were there that could have changed that games outcome.  Yes Darnold sucked and deserves blame, as I said.

I would certainly say that DJ, CMC, and the defense had a hand in our wins.  Who the hell said otherwise? Lol.

By all means though, keep arguing a point I am not at all making.

Robby should've caught that third down pass anyone with eyes knows it. But we still had chances 2 minutes and 3 timeouts. We had so much confidence in Sam we elected not to let him try for a fourth down at the end of the first half resulting in points for our opponent and later in the game we took the ball out of his hands until the Eagles finally got on the board again. Panthers fans just keep reliving the same mess and telling themselves it's different this time.

• Pie 1