• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

Sam Darnold is on pace to set career highs for INTs and fumbles (not fumbles lost though). 

at the current pace, Sam's best season in NY....will be statistically better than his season in Carolina.   And all he should get is a season here.  Nothing else. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'd only say PJ in case of an injury.  At this point, we're here for the Sam Darnold experience.  We have to see how well he does.  PJ had some flashes, but also some super boneheaded interceptions.  How is that different from Sam?

Sam didn't get a lot of help yesterday, and he also sucked a lot.  Both can be true.  I mean, we paid a price for Sam, so let's get our money out of it right now.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sam Darnold is on pace to set career highs for INTs and fumbles (not fumbles lost though). 

at the current pace, Sam's best season in NY....will be statistically better than his season in Carolina.   And all he should get is a season here.  Nothing else. 

I think we need a rookie QB for Joe Brady to ruin. "Hey rook just force feed Robby And DJ, ignore the TEs and your other WRs. Its ok every once in a while to check down to that RB who cant catch a cold." 

16 hours ago, saX man said:

The counter argument regarding the drops is frustrating.  It doesn't mean he still didn't suck the past 3 weeks.  Are we ignoring the game setting INT? Or the early miss on the wide open DJ for an easy bomb?

He's good at rolling out yet bad at improv.  He doesn't read the field as well as you'd like to see.  Jittery.  Yes, a lot of these are because of NYJ and the OL we're giving him, but still, we're just all sorts of discombobulated from coaching to line play to dropsies to the man behind center.  Bad offense all around

I see a lot of people in denial that Sam is really really bad. He sucks a pre-snap reads. He sucks at his progressions. His accuracy sucks. He sucks from a clean pocket.

People are so quick to throw our receivers under the bus, & rightfully so because that was a bad game by them and Chuba as far as making catches.

I guess they forgot how poorly Sam has played when they can catch and are open too, which is often because we have a stacked receiver group that seems to be open a lot, but Sam opts for the most covered guy or a late throw 90% of the time.

16 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I think we need a rookie QB for Joe Brady to ruin. "Hey rook just force feed Robby And DJ, ignore the TEs and your other WRs. Its ok every once in a while to check down to that RB who cant catch a cold." 

Sam Darnold came here ruined.   That's not Joe Brady's fault.   

We have given Brady slop and then complained that he can't turn water into wine.  The QB and OL are horrible.  Name a great OC....and he would look horrible with that OL/QB pairing.

NFL is a talent driven league.  Coaches overall are a just a product of the talent IMO at this level. 

Just now, CRA said:

We have given Brady slop and then complained that he can't turn water into wine.  The QB and OL are horrible.  Name a great OC....and he would look horrible with that OL/QB pairing.

NFL is a talent driven league.  Coaches overall are a just a product of the talent IMO at this level. 

People keep saying this. Did we give Brady slop or are these the QBs he wanted? Is he picking lesser QBs so when his scheme does not work he can point and blame the QB? 

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

He's definitely on pace but I don't think it's likely. 

Why do I say that?  Because normally Predictions from fans on a messageboard more often than not don't pan out.  

And I hope it doesn't pan out.....I have to wonder how things would be if the Receivers in this game did not have the case of Butterfingers?

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

lolwut?

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

People keep saying this. Did we give Brady slop or are these the QBs he wanted? Is he picking lesser QBs so when his scheme does not work he can point and blame the QB? 

Wait....so CRA is giving Brady a Pass?

WTF?  😂

And who are these "People" who keep saying this, Pootie?

'Cause this is the first time I've seen anyone from this board actually start making excuses for Brady.

Edited by glenwo2

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think we will jettison him this offseason unless the wheels come off even more(which is admittedly possible). I believe he has one more season in Carolina before we get rid of him.

16 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Joe Brady didn't pick Sam Darnold.    He was just given this slop.  He didn't pick the OL. 

Rhule has already told us how Sam Darnold got here.   It was Phil Snow and Rhule that cooked up that great idea.  Two dudes have who never had good QB play on any team they have ever been associated with. 

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think we will jettison him this offseason unless the wheels come off even more(which is admittedly possible). I believe he has one more season in Carolina before we get rid of him.

I feel the same way with Sam as i did with Teddy. Unless he really turns it around i dont care to see him for another 17 games. This is just a situation that started off good and is now getting bad to terrible quickly. They cant even get fans to come to games now... dont know how they are gonna sell on next season with Sam back after having a bad year. It sucks, part of me hopes it still really works out this year. Just doesn't look good.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

why?  why would you give him one more season? 

he has proven he he is over and over and over again.  From USC to Carolina. 

23 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

lolwut?

Wait....so CRA is giving Brady a Pass?

WTF?  😂

And who are these "People" who keep saying this, Pootie?

'Cause this is the first time I've seen anyone from this board actually start making excuses for Brady.

No, I am not blaming Joe Brady for everything.  A difference. 

I accepted bringing in Joe Brady.  Which was someone who had never been an OC before.  Which means he was going to have to grow into the position.  And I have routinely pointed out where Joe Brady needs to get better at.   

But the fact remains, if you give anyone a horrible OL and pair it with a horrible QB in the NFL....the OC will look bad and routinely fail.   

It's the whole two things can be true aspect.  Joe Brady needs to grow as an OC.  Which shouldn't be a surprise.  But we have given him slop.  Which means it is going to prevent us from really being able to evaluate him and his growth.   Because again, a great OC.....with this OL paired with Darnold.  It's the NFL.  

Firing Joe Brady does absolutely nothing.  Because the OL and Sam are here.