Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

I think I'm ready for PJ


Zod
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Lol he wasn't even a prolific runner in his prime.

He was nowhere near the escape artist/runner as Vick, Lamar Jackson or hell even Russell Wilson. 

How many times did he really break off a 40 plus yard run to the house? 

He was great running for 2 yards and getting a  lot of 1 yard tds tho. That's true.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol he wasn't even a prolific runner in his prime.

He was nowhere near the escape artist/runner as Vick, Lamar Jackson or hell even Russell Wilson. 

How many times did he really break off a 40 plus yard run to the house? 

He was great running for 2 yards and getting a  lot of 1 yard tds tho. That's true.

Yes, Cam Newton is the greatest rushing threat in NFL history. 

lol.  Going the he doesn’t run like Vick/Lamar route means nothing.  No, he doesn’t run like them.  He was much more problematic.  Every run was on the table like he was a featured HB….but with the numbers edge that a QB runner brings. 

He is the greatest rushing threat because he didn’t have to run away from people.  That was the problem for defenses.  He was always at the advantage.  And there has been nothing like him and probably never will be.  Love him or hate him, he is a unicorn.  

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I will put it this way, Sam Darnold's best season ever(currently watching it) would be Cam's worst full season in his career.

That's what I mean. Even broken down Cam is better than Darnold. 

I am not sure if you are aware but Sam Darnold has been one of the worst QB's in the NFL for four seasons running now.

It ain't about Cam, it's about Sam.

And I'm under the hope that Sam with a real line and a Healthy Cmac can be a top 12 QB.

Even Cam Newton would struggle behind this mess.

 

People forget he had Gross and Ryan K Double Trouble and Olsen and Steve for a bit along with a Generational talent on D.

 

Sam has garbage outside of DJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

One-game sample size is the ultimate counter!

No it’s his last game of the season. Meaning he played a full season and somehow his shot arm was still capable of that stat line. According to yall he gets worse as the season goes on because his arm is shot. But hey have fun being the Jets of the South. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol he wasn't even a prolific runner in his prime.

He was nowhere near the escape artist/runner as Vick, Lamar Jackson or hell even Russell Wilson. 

How many times did he really break off a 40 plus yard run to the house? 

He was great running for 2 yards and getting a  lot of 1 yard tds tho. That's true.

If you don't know what you're talking about just say so. Otherwise, being a Panthers' fan I don't see how you can even utter such nonsense. 

 

22 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Again Cam’s last regular season game:

21-32 | 242 yds | 3 TDs
11 Carries 79 yards 
1 reception 19 yards TD

Seriously, keep coming back at these chumps sounding like ten year old super fans. Because that would have to be the age one is now to not remember Cam Newton enough to make mentally defective posts like the one above. Got to let them know that flies on the Facebook posts but not on the Panthers' board. Even if the rest of these football analysts on here allow it. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

And I'm under the hope that Sam with a real line and a Healthy Cmac can be a top 12 QB.

Even Cam Newton would struggle behind this mess.

 

People forget he had Gross and Ryan K Double Trouble and Olsen and Steve for a bit along with a Generational talent on D.

 

Sam has garbage outside of DJ

He cannot be a top 12 QB. He does not have that ability in him.

It isn't about struggling, it's that Cam would be better because he just is better, even in his current state. "Better" might get us one or two more wins and he would be less likely to just summarily fug games up for us but Cam/Panthers 2021 wouldn't net a playoff berth or probably even have a winning record. 

I get the hope of Darnold but the reality is simply that he is who he is. There is no light at the end of this tunnel, he is simply the player he has always been and will continue to be. That's why so many of us were perplexed when that move was made. The fact that he was a bust just really didn't seem to be much of a question. Whatever doubt about that is completely gone now. He is a bust.

Now, does that mean he won't win us a couple of games when he is "on?" Nope. He probably will. But overall he is just simply going to suck because he has always sucked. It is just what he does. And he will DEFINITELY suck in the circumstances he is in here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NorthTryon said:

If you don't know what you're talking about just say so. Otherwise, being a Panthers' fan I don't see how you can even utter such nonsense. 

 

Seriously, keep coming back at these chumps sounding like ten year old super fans. Because that would have to be the age one is now to not remember Cam Newton enough to make mentally defective posts like the one above. Got to let them know that flies on the Facebook posts but not on the Panthers' board. Even if the rest of these football analysts on here allow it. 

Believe what you want. I've seen every game in Panthers history including preseason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

He cannot be a top 12 QB. He does not have that ability in him.

It isn't about struggling, it's that Cam would be better because he just is better, even in his current state. "Better" might get us one or two more wins and he would be less likely to just summarily fug games up for us but Cam/Panthers 2021 wouldn't net a playoff berth or probably even have a winning record. 

I get the hope of Darnold but the reality is simply that he is who he is. There is no light at the end of this tunnel, he is simply the player he has always been and will continue to be. That's why so many of us were perplexed when that move was made. The fact that he was a bust just really didn't seem to be much of a question. Whatever doubt about that is completely gone now. He is a bust.

Now, does that mean he won't win us a couple of games when he is "on?" Nope. He probably will. But overall he is just simply going to suck because he has always sucked. It is just what he does. And he will DEFINITELY suck in the circumstances he is in here.

Now for the record I wasn't out looking to add Sam.

But he's here and I don’t see any better options anywhere again outside of getting Russ or Gardner and you already said Gardner is impossible. 

I'm not interested in making the playoffs. 

I'm only interested in winning it all and I can't see anyone with the physical talent out there we could bring in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Now for the record I wasn't out looking to add Sam.

But he's here and I don’t see any better options anywhere again outside of getting Russ or Gardner and you already said Gardner is impossible. 

I'm not interested in making the playoffs. 

I'm only interested in winning it all and I can't see anyone with the physical talent out there we could bring in.

 

If you want "better" there are probably some options available in free agency(Cam being one) and via trade. But, I don't think good is on the table unless they swing a trade for Watson. The offense just isn't set up for success in it's current form. 

I don't think the staff will be able to do anything but stick with Darnold. PJ is a lateral move, at best. So, we are just likely to watch Darnold prove for 11 more games what most of the league saw, that he was a bust. 

It just is what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If you want "better" there are probably some options available in free agency(Cam being one) and via trade. But, I don't think good is on the table unless they swing a trade for Watson. The offense just isn't set up for success in it's current form. 

I don't think the staff will be able to do anything but stick with Darnold. PJ is a lateral move, at best. So, we are just likely to watch Darnold prove for 11 more games what most of the league saw, that he was a bust. 

It just is what it is.

I'm talking next year and the year after.

The only two guys we could possibly get that have close or better arm talent and at least equal mental ability are

Russell Wilson and Gardner Mibshew.

Granted I don't know much about the kid from Liberty.

What I don't want is a Jimmy G or Goff a guy that's just going to consistently get us to the playoffs but never win.

 

I want a homerun hitter not a Tony Gwynn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Believe what you want. I've seen every game in Panthers history including preseason. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c6b169f03cc557c15f3b288a7e1e73e.jpeg

this you? 

I mean you are on here talking about Cam Newton wasn’t a great rushing threat.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Believe what you want. I've seen every game in Panthers history including preseason. 

Then why would you try to downplay his running skills and escapability? Was it for the sole purpose of this thread? I like to win debates too, but c'mon Shelly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

I'm talking next year and the year after.

The only two guys we could possibly get that have close or better arm talent and at least equal mental ability are

Russell Wilson and Gardner Mibshew.

Granted I don't know much about the kid from Liberty.

What I don't want is a Jimmy G or Goff a guy that's just going to consistently get us to the playoffs but never win.

 

I want a homerun hitter not a Tony Gwynn

Well basically any starting QB in the NFL is likely to be an improvement over our current one. But to be a contender we are going to need a top flight QB. Wilson isn't going anywhere in the next couple of seasons. Minshew is an improvement over Daenold but I also don't think he would be a guy capable of winning a Super Bowl here.

Agreed on the game managing QB's(Goff/Jimmy G/etc). They can work for well built teams with elite defenses. It is also just generally harder to win big games with those kind of QB's.

I don't think there is a clear answer to the problem, unfortunately. We have exhausted a ton of draft capital in 2022 so trading up for a QB isn't likely. Additionally, this may be the worst QB class in a few years, so it isn't the best time for that. 

I think what the best idea would be is to just get a "better" QB in free agency in 2022 while you start building the OL. At least then you can move on from Darnold and hopefully improve overall on that side of the ball. Eventually we will have to make a splash move in the draft or in free agency but grabbing a mid-tier QB in free agency in 2022 allows a measure of improvement on offense while rebuilding. It also allows more time to find "the guy" in the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...