• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regardless of the end, I’m proud of sam

TN05

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Take Trevor Lawrence for instance.  We have the number one pick and he is our guy.  You won’t find many guys more talented in the draft.  Would he being doing better than Darnold?  If you say yes, why?  He isn’t doing it in Jax.  He sucks and is terrible right?

Nah Lawrence looks like he can play.

Fields and Wilson on the other hand have both looked like mistakes. 

Is that because they "suck" or because  they were drafted by systemically poor organizations?  We will never know. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ClawOn said:

Nah Lawrence looks like he can play.

Fields and Wilson on the other hand have both looked like mistakes. 

Is that because they "suck" or because  they were drafted by systemically poor organizations?  We will never know. 

Agree…Sam on the surface is a turnover machine.  He also makes plays and is 24 years old.  I hope he can get straight but behind this OL it isn’t happening this year.  He obviously is missing that cerebral “it” feel for the position.  I am never going to put the offensive problems squarely on him though.  He isn’t the only problem with this offense 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

The only thing I want for Christmas is for the Huddle to stop capping for mediocre QBs….

Or OC that caps our QB.  Come out next week in 5 wide and throw the ball all day.  Why not?  We have nothing to lose tbh

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Or OC that caps our QB.  Come out next week in 5 wide and throw the ball all day.  Why not?  We have nothing to lose tbh

Cam came into a dumpster fire with a worse team and record yet the talent was undeniable. As terrible as Darnold’s situation he is still who he is. Players come and go he doesn’t need your sympathy….

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Cam came into a dumpster fire with a worse team and record yet the talent was undeniable. As terrible as Darnold’s situation he is still who he is. Players come and go he doesn’t need your sympathy….

You are sympathetic of Cam no?  I am…and will continue to defend people who are being thrown under the bus unfairly 

Edited by Shocker

19 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You are sympathetic of Cam no?  I am…and will continue to defend people who are being thrown under the bus unfairly 

Cam had talent, showed he had talent, but then he lost it and we move on. But the bottom line is Cam had talent and showed it. Darnold is who he is. No different than the millions of mediocre players that have come and will come. 

Despite all this Darnold is set to make a cool 18m next year. He doesn’t need anyones sympathy.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, mav1234 said:

He does have talent, but simply not enough or doesn't show it consistently enough ... And maybe that'll change but he's not gonna show it on this roster... Maybe, if he can sit behind an established starter as a backup some day we could see him resurrect his career...

For that to happen, he needs to be on another ESTABLISHED team that isn't dogshit.  

I mean, personally, I don't see it happening (him resurrecting his career and that he is what he is at this point) but if it's possible, that is the only way 'cause right now, things just can't get any worse at this point.

If Sam starts next week, I think Rhule loses the entire team.    We've arrived at that point.

7 hours ago, Shocker said:

Naw man…this defense full strength is awesome.  The staff knows defense.  We are way behind with the offense and that includes Sam.  Not all his fault by any damn stretch.

And how would anything I said have impacted our defense?

How is that awesome defense doing so far? 4-5 record?

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Let's say, for argument's sake, that he is.  

What then?   We tell him "Hey!  Tell Sam he sucks and we hate him!"? 🙃

Simple, we essentially put him on ignore symbolically or literally cause he’s not an objective actor. No reason to hate someone defending a family member.