• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That's The Season

Proudiddy

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The missed FG drive was 41 seconds long. I hope we aren’t winded after that. The offense struggled but they also scored 11 in 4 minutes to get the game into OT.

I’m really not bashing the D but they aren’t the juggernauts people thought they were where we could win any game if we score 20. 28 against the Vikings should be enough. Against the Bucs, Bills and Chiefs, maybe not but the Vikings? Yes, our D with the investments should be able to not lose a game where we score 28. We gave up more than 8 yards a play in OT and the Vikings barely broke a sweat scoring that TD.

Anyway, I get that the O has had horrific moments and if they played a consistent game we could have won. I just don’t like when we get 28 points and we act like the D somehow got defeated especially after the O got the stadium pumped making up 11 points in the last few minutes. That said, I never thought we a playoff team this year. I was personally just hoping we’d see improvement and hopefully have the QB position filled.

I agree the defense isn't what we thought it was, and it appears to be getting worse with each passing week.  

And I didn't mean that last 4th qtr drive had them winded, I was saying they were on the field that drive and then immediately in OT after having been on the field almost the entirety of the second half outside of our last offensive drive.  So, I do think that had an effect.

But, it's besting a dead horse.  The whole team sucked ass today, outside of special teams 

3 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

Cooter was a choice cause it’s a funny word and it gets passed the censor

i wouldn’t expect the winner of are you dumber than a 3rd grader to understand

Ahh, now we have reached the stage of this interaction where you parrot what I've already said.

I think we're done here, Jorgie.

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Ahh, now we have reached the stage of this interaction where you parrot what I've already said.

I think we're done here, Jorgie.

Lol now you know how it’s been talking to you this entire time 

you’re special man, a special special special needs man

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

We scored 28. Don’t care how we did. We gave up 34 even with multiple missed FGs and two pointers. If you lose scoring 28, that’s a bad game for the D.

Minnesota scored 7 against the Browns and 19 against Detroit the last two weeks. They had Cook against Cleveland and Mattison had over 100 yards against Detroit so they had no real health issues.

If 28 points isn’t enough, our D is bad. Sorry, but only 4 teams in the league average more than 28 a game and the Bills at 34 are the highest scoring team. 28 points against Minnesota should be enough with our D.

Bad offense impacts a defensive negatively.  Always has.  

and if all your O can manage by themselves in a half of football is getting themselves into position for 3 points? You aren’t going to beat teams with a good offense. 

so yeah, the offense was pathetic in the first half.    And yeah it matters how a team scores.   If the you are discussions units and what they are doing.  Offense isn’t good enough.  And the D will continue to look bad as long as they suck.   Like last week.  We kept throwing the D out there vs Philly getting diddly from the O…..and the D eventually looked bad after gift wrapping that game 

it doesn’t matter how you score in terms of beating a team.   A win is a win.  ST could score them all.  You get a win regardless.  It matters in terms of discussing your actual team though and looking ahead. And your odds of future success.    

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Zero shame in losing a hard fought game like that as long is you take it and learn for the next game. But here we are still making doom and gloom threads.

Coming from the same person who said screw this team and watch Buffalo because that’s a real football team.

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Couple points: you're suggesting the defense watched the offense lead a game tying 96 yard drive to force overtime and were so demoralized, they let the Vikings march down the field? I mean dear god, it's one thing to be upset by the offense's poor play for the majority of the game, but if you can't regain your intensity after that drive, just quit professional football. Also adding Stephon Gilmore and getting back your defensive captain (Shaq) both within the next couple weeks might change some attitudes quick.

SERIOUSLY.   You'd think they'd be PUMPED for Sam being Clutch there and say to themselves "Okay!  Let's actually show some EFFORT and get the ball back one more time for Sam so we have a shot at winning!"   but they instead played like they never even saw that.     Maybe the Defensive players were seeing Ghosts. 

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Ok guys, 600 total yards and 34 points including 2 missed FG and 2 missed 2 pointers and somehow the offense is what caused the D to fail? The D has had failures 3 straight games. Dallas and Minnesota move the ball at will and both got 30+ points. The Eagles are a meh offense and we held them until we didn’t.

We got 0 sacks today. 0, nada, zilch, donut on 50 pass plays including Cousin’s runs. The D didn’t wilt due to the O. We’ve given up 534 yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs the last 3 weeks after that “historically” great rushing D video. fug that idiot.

I’m not saying the offense isn’t a problem but we’ve scored 28 points two times in the last 3 games and lost both so the D is hardly playing good.

FACTS.  👆

• Flames 1