• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And this is how you make a legend...

Khyber53

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Newton got a lot of flack for those hard throws especially on shorter passes it was definitely a frequent source of criticism. The thing is if fans notice these issues so do opposing defenses who watch film. This is not a rookie quarterback people really need to shelve this silly mindset he is a veteran this is his fourth season. If he isn't on the same page with his receivers then it's his job to make that happen. They have this week to figure it out they should be spending a lot of time together it's on the leader of our offense to get that going.

I haven't seen many unnecessary rocket short passes.  The one I would say maybe is the one to Hubbard near the end that he dropped.  None of the rest would I say were thrown especially hard unnecessarily. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

I haven't seen many unnecessary rocket short passes.  The one I would say maybe is the one to Hubbard near the end that he dropped.  None of the rest would I say were thrown especially hard unnecessarily. 

Didn't seem to bother CMC.

Cam throws harder than Darnold anyway though so it's still not a good comparison. Cams arm is way stronger than Darnolds and he did rocket passes to anywhere and it was something that was brought up.

If Darnold does do it and keeps doing it then it would be  valid to say put some touch on it. I don't see it as being unnecessary as of yet though.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Cam throws harder than Darnold anyway though so it's still not a good comparison. Cams arm is way stronger than Darnolds and he did rocket passes to anywhere and it was something that was brought up.

If Darnold does do it and keeps doing it then it would be  valid to say put some touch on it. I don't see it as being unnecessary as of yet though.

That pass to DJ on the final drive was something else, though.

It's almost like he put a ton of air on it with all his strength and it just carried far enough to wear it landed exactly where DJ was.

And he didn't even look like he had his feet set either with a Defender barreling down on him.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

That pass to DJ on the final drive was something else, though.

It's almost like he put a ton of air on it with all his strength and it just carried far enough to wear it landed exactly where DJ was.

And he didn't even look like he had his feet set either with a Defender barreling down on him.

His arm isn't weak and his release is quicker than you might think. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Me neither.  I'm agreeing that it wasnt the problem with the drops.

• Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

I'm hoping that Sam is THE Sam we start seeing a lot more of. He looked brilliant that drive.

I would have loved to have seen him get a chance in overtime to win the game.  But the defense didn't have anything left. 

It the first time in the entire game the offense got in a rhythm. 

OL playing like trassssh for most games

WRs dropped around 10 passes last game and one recently paid WR doesnt look like the 2020 version.

TEs are trassshhh

RBs dont have CMC for the lost games and backup is a 4th round rookie

SAM'S FAULT OF IT!!!!!!!

Zob's comment was a mix of OL&TE play..

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Sam is too inconsistent to have drives like that regularly, I wouldn't get your hopes up. This is his fourth year and he still makes dumb throws like the first throw of the game

That first throw's biggest error was that he threw it to Robby Anderson who decided not to contest it after lackadaisically wandering about during what should have been a scramble drill. The fact that the "receiver" had a sideline meltdown about not getting the ball (and that's what it was really about) the previous week may have even played into Darnold wanting to force that ball to Anderson.

Still, the guy making the throw gets the blame. That's the way it has been since QBs started throwing forward passes, but in this case, there were some potential underlying reasons.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1