• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our 1K Yard Receivers From Last Season Are Being Wasted By Darnold's Horrible Play

Proudiddy

And those bringing up Rodgers' receivers on the list...  now share their receiving stats and Rodgers' throwing stats as well.  

The difference here is Rodgers completes almost 67% of his passes and only has 3 picks, and he throws a TON of deep passes historically.  

Don't be intentionally dense.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And those brining up Rodgers' receivers on the list...  now share their receiving stats and Rodgers' throwing stats as well.  

The difference here is Rodgers completes between almost 67% of his passes and only has 3 picks, and he throws a TON of deep passes historically.  

Don't be intentionally dense.

Na man that torpedoes the point as it clearly shows this stat doesn't speak to the play of the people involved. You had to bring in other stats to go with it so by definition it's not standing on it's own.

• Pie 2

Just now, Fox007 said:

Na man that torpedoes the point as it clearly shows this stat doesn't speak to the play of the people involved. You had to bring in other stats to go with it so by definition it's not standing on it's own.

But, it's not in a vacuum.  People clearly know the difference between Darnold and Rodgers, but tried to use his receivers being on this list as a reason this stat doesn't matter.  Darnold doesn't have the other passing stats that Rodgers does, so combined with this stat, it shows Sam really isn't doing anything well, and the big plays we need, he is generally leaving them on the field.

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Robbie has his faults, but he and Darnold just don’t mesh. Darnold can’t get him the ball. I feel Robbie knew this, and wasn’t too happy when Darnold was signed. He also didn’t want to leave Rhule.

I don't know. He had a couple of good seasons with Darnold, he signed an extension here...  I think there's more at play than that. His catch % is 20% lower than when Darnold was throwing to him on the Jets. His drop % so far is 3 times what it was when he played with Darnold (and he had the same drop % with Teddy as he had with Darnold). His yards before catch per reception is also waaaay higher with Darnold than it was with Teddy.

I wonder if he's being used different than last year too.  Or different than the first few games since his production went pretty far down after his first half dozen games.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

But, it's not in a vacuum.  People clearly know the difference between Darnold and Rodgers, but tried to use his receivers being on this list as a reason this stat doesn't matter.  Darnold doesn't have the other passing stats that Rodgers does, so combined with this stat, it shows Sam really isn't doing anything well, and the big plays we need, he is generally leaving them on the field.

Agree it's not in a vacuum that's why you could then bring up the OL stats and off we go in the circle again.

The stat having a HoFer and probable bust on it tells me it's at best not granular enough.

• Pie 2

I am NOT saying Darnold is in Rodgers' league. But according to PFR, Darnold's receivers had dropped *eight times* the passes as Rodgers' (16 vs 2). Rodgers has a *higher* bad throw percent (21.1% vs 18.8%) and a lower on target throw percent (not surprising given the drops and bad throw %, 73.1% vs 76.1%).

So... Is Darnold wasting his receivers or is the offense just fuged?

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Agree it's not in a vacuum that's why you could then bring up the OL stats and off we go in the circle again.

The stat having a HoFer and probable bust on it tells me it's at best not granular enough.

No doubt, I agree,  PFF has some questionable metrics, and the OL should factor in a bit, but I think it just affirms the issues that were already present in his game.  Rodgers' can afford to miss on that many yards downfield because he also hits so many.  Sam can't.  But, I also believe we have a multitude of problems right now, and Sam is just one of many.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I am NOT saying Darnold is in Rodgers' league. But according to PFR, Darnold's receivers had dropped *eight times* the passes as Rodgers' (16 vs 2). Rodgers has a *higher* bad throw percent (21.1% vs 18.8%) and a lower on target throw percent (not surprising given the drops and bad throw %, 73.1% vs 76.1%).

So... Is Darnold wasting his receivers or is the offense just fuged?

No doubt the offense is trash.  But, it's also clear Sam can't make the plays needed to be a quality starting QB in the NFL, and that isn't just based off of this stat.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

No doubt the offense is trash.  But, it's also clear Sam can't make the plays needed to be a quality starting QB in the NFL, and that isn't just based off of this stat.

I agree that is how Darnold is looking.  But I don't think this stat tells much of that story, tbh... There's so much just not working right now.

• Pie 1