• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

Lmao, watch, the next coach will probably have 3 games to start winning or these types of topics will pop up.  Hell, maybe even game 1.  Down 14 at half?  Bye!! 

Btw if people want to blame someone for this mess, it's Tepper.  He gradually has become someone I've grown to really despise and seriously doubt he'll take us anywhere.  Except out of Charlotte.

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where's the evidence they can build a program? We keep making idiotic decisions at QB. We continue to neglect the OL.  Our veteran acquisitions this offseason look awful. Our rookie class looks not great. This team is worse than last year's.

Don't you think this is a bit of an overreaction to a bad situation?

Where's the evidence they can build a program? This team has a lot more talent than it did when Rhule got here. Maybe give them more than 1 year, and 7 games to work this out.

We keep making idiotic decisions at QB.  It's year two. A little early to be making definitive statements? Unless you thought the rebuild would be over by now?

Our veteran acquisitions this offseason look awful. If you are talking Offense, then yes, I agree. But the ones on Defense have worked out nicely.

Our rookie class looks not great. Hard to evaluate a draft class after 7 games. And if Great is your bench mark, we may never meet your goal.

This team is worse than last year's. We have more talent this year than last. And we still have 10 games to play. A bit early to call the season over. Right now? It looks bad. But it may get better. Can't we wait until the season is over before we flush it?

• Pie 4

15 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I'd rather have held on to Teddy than have wasted money and draft picks on Darnold. They could have kept building up the team around him then plugged in a rookie when the time was right.

A whole lot of folks seem to conveniently forget how Teddy threw our Coaches under the bus. But yeah, let's keep him. Cuz that's the type of leader we need. Right?

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

A whole lot of folks seem to conveniently forget how Teddy threw our Coaches under the bus. But yeah, let's keep him. Cuz that's the type of leader we need. Right?

At this point do not feel near as bad as I did when Teddy threw them under the bus. Brady needs to go under that bus and be ran over repeatedly. He is going to be here until Rhule is fired or he gets a HC gig. As long as Rhule wants to stay connected to Brady he can go under the bus as well. 

6 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

By going with Darnold the team essentially decided to stay mediocre.

Yeah that's clear now... But reality is Darnold was a top 5 pick because he has physically elite QB skills... Any OC and HC worth his stock feels they can work and rehabilitate physically skilled players.. (Payton with Jameis in New Orleans) ... It happens they were wrong but I'm cool with taking the shot at relevance instead staying status quo with a player you know doesn't have it ..

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yeah that's clear now... But reality is Darnold was a top 5 pick because he has physically elite QB skills... Any OC and HC worth his stock feels they can work and rehabilitate physically skilled players.. (Payton with Jameis in New Orleans) ... It happens they were wrong but I'm cool with taking the shot at relevance instead staying status quo with a player you know doesn't have it ..

I'm cool with that too, however there is a difference between shooting your shot and jumping into the nearest ravine blindfolded hoping to come up with gold.

5 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

We didn't expect the offense to look worse than it did a season ago when we legit had the pandemic as an excuse. 

Definitely didn't expect it to look like the worst in the league. 

You also expected to have Christian all season as well.. No excuse to be this bad but your missing a major part of the offense and the mistake seem to be putting so much into that 1 player..  Again Teddy had a full season to prove what he was.. Sam only half.. He looks horrible but let the Season play out 1st to make a judgment if we've regressed or not..

• Beer 1

Just now, firefox1234 said:

I'm cool with that too, however there is a difference between shooting your shot and jumping into the nearest ravine blindfolded hoping to come up with gold.

Results is the difference... talking 4 weeks ago the sentiment was different.. Now it looks like a disaster.. 10 more weeks left to a real judgment... But I still won't blame the effort or any other effort use to not be mediocre..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Results is the difference... talking 4 weeks ago the sentiment was different.. Now it looks like a disaster.. 10 more weeks left to a real judgment... But I still won't blame the effort or any other effort use to not be mediocre..

Good for you but effort for efforts sake is path to nowhere. 

Just now, WOW!! said:

Staying status Quo goes the same path..

One thing was obvious when Cam was done was that this was going to be a long rebuild, no denying that. 

However, making the moves we did for Teddy and Sam was pure arrogance. This was a group of people thought they could paper over the cracks. This was never gonna be a half ass job but a patient rebuild. I do not mind a year or two of sucking if it means we are doing the proper steps to get there. But spending precious cap space and draft capital on mediocre to terrible vet QBs is the height of incompetence. 

So no, I don't think they deserve the "at least you tried badge" for this show.