• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Genuinely wondering about the fairness of the refs today.

hepcat

13 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Hi. I would like to edit your post. I will change the word FALCONS to all other teams' names. I will replace YGM's name with many, many, many, many other players' names. I will replace PANTHERS with all other team's names. I will then post the edit on 31 other fan forums.

There is no sabotage of the Panthers, there is no plot against the Panthers, of ANY team that the NFL might want to beat a middle of the road crap unit like the Panthers ... it sure as hell isn't the Falcons, and the refs and NFL brass don't have it out for the city of Charlotte.

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

We had some bad calls today but holding is (in)consistently ignored across the NFL... It happens any game I watch and frankly they just need to change the rules so it's more enforceable equally, if they're not going to call it as is.

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Football move has to be made while in possession, so he can’t make one while catching the ball. General rule, if they never catch their balance after going airborne to catch the ball, then possession has to be maintained through the ground. 

And catching their balance is a thing that can be clearly determined by an official in real time in a reasonably objective and accurate basis? Or clearly determined on such a basis when reviewing in slow motion? The rule is simply too subjective and vague. To me, the standard that makes far more sense is, a player in the endzone has both feet down inbounds and control over the ball for any period of time whatsoever? Touchdown.

This notion of possession maintained through to the ground winds up being heavily subjective, along with a bunch of absurd nonsense where we all watch slow mo reviews and try to tell ourselves we're being objective and have any hope of being accurate over whether the most minute movement of a ball in a player's grasp represents a loss of control or simply a guy moving an object around his body to improve his grasp of it while falling down at the same time. 

It leaves far too much up to the discretion of the officiating crew, and I think I've already demonstrated in previous posts that there is sufficient evidence to call into question the impartiality of the NFL's officials.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

And catching their balance is a thing that can be clearly determined by an official in real time in a reasonably objective and accurate basis? Or clearly determined on such a basis when reviewing in slow motion? The rule is simply too subjective and vague. To me, the standard that makes far more sense is, a player in the endzone has both feet down inbounds and control over the ball for any period of time whatsoever? Touchdown.

This notion of possession maintained through to the ground winds up being heavily subjective, along with a bunch of absurd nonsense where we all watch slow mo reviews and try to tell ourselves we're being objective and have any hope of being accurate over whether the most minute movement of a ball in a player's grasp represents a loss of control or simply a guy moving an object around his body to improve his grasp of it while falling down at the same time. 

It leaves far too much up to the discretion of the officiating crew, and I think I've already demonstrated in previous posts that there is sufficient evidence to call into question the impartiality of the NFL's officials.

I’m not saying it’s right. I’m saying it is the way it is. 

6 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Bah!

@#$% the NFL and their "way it is" 

They suck.

Their rules suck. 

Their officials suck. 

Roger Goodell is a world class wanker.

And Jerome Boger is an incompetent stooge.

Also fug Ed Hochuli.

You know why.

If Moores catch was incomplete, Robby's should have been defenseless receiver automatic first down. Moore had two feet inbounds, i've seen guys take two steps and throw the ball in the air to celebrate the TD

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Moore had two feet inbounds, i've seen guys take two steps and throw the ball in the air to celebrate the TD

Yet somehow their losing control of the ball after those two steps is considered immaterial while a player falling out of bounds after catching the ball is somehow an entirely different case governed by a different, more complex, hard to pin down or sum up rule, for reasons known only to Roger Goodell and his butt buddies. 

Brought to you by the people who would have you believe that Cam Newton and Tom Brady get treated just the same by the zebras. 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Sell that poo somewhere else cause I ain't buyin.

"But he made a football move and the other guy didn't."

"Define the term "football move" clearly in a single sentence that allows it to be objectively evaluated by all parties involved or I will drop Jerome Boger into a vat of bees covered in acid. And COVID."