• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule being as honest as it will get

CRA

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

I wouldn't say Fields is having a good season, but yesterday was his best day yet (ironically the day without Nagy there). 

But wow this play reminded me of a QB we used to in Carolina.

Fields hasn’t had a great year, but as a rookie he’s showing signs. I think we were spoiled by Cam and his amazing rookie year, as well as some of the other rookie QBs like Herbert.

Fields is progressing just fine, and I’m pretty confident we’re going to regret not taking him last draft.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Fields hasn’t had a great year, but as a rookie he’s showing signs. I think we were spoiled by Cam and his amazing rookie year, as well as some of the other rookie QBs like Herbert.

Fields is progressing just fine, and I’m pretty confident we’re going to regret not taking him last draft.

Fields looks like he could do here what people are still denying that Darnold can't...

I wanted Slater but Fields would be a huge upgrade in hope and possibilities from where we find ourselves.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Fields looks like he could do here what people are still denying that Darnold can't...

I wanted Slater but Fields would be a huge upgrade in hope and possibilities from where we find ourselves.

Slater would have been a good pick as well. You take the QB or LT in that position. Darnold is still having the same issues he had 3 years as a Jet.

Again, the funny thing is Sam is everything that Cam was said to be, and at 4 years in the league. The other funny thing is the ones who would bring up Cams faults as a rookie and 1st year player, are the ones staunchly defending Darnold. I just think they didn’t like that man’s “personality” (or other things) and just won’t admit that. 

I saw a poster tried to compare Sam to Cam, and that was laughable. I would call him out but I’m going to be on my best behavior. Cam was a MVP, and Cams passing numbers dwarf what Sam does and has done in his 4 years. Cam was a QB that could actually process the field, and be a QB

Edited by AggieLean
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I liked Fields but I think a lot of teams saw something that gave them pause... I don't really know what though. I think he can become a great QB. Not sure it'll be for Nagy, tho.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I liked Fields but I think a lot of teams saw something that gave them pause... I don't really know what though. I think he can become a great QB. Not sure it'll be for Nagy, tho.

Nagy will be gone in a year or 2. Fields will be going into year 3 or 4, and will thrive. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Slater would have been a good pick as well. You take the QB or LT in that position. Darnold is still having the same issues he had 3 years as a Jet.

Again, the funny thing is Sam is everything that Cam was said to be, and at 4 years in the league. The other funny thing is the ones who would bring up Cams faults as a rookie and 1st year player, are the ones staunchly defending Darnold. I just think they didn’t like that man’s “personality” (or other things) and just won’t admit that. 

I saw a poster tried to compare Sam to Cam, and that was laughable. I would call him out but I’m going to be on my best behavior. Cam was a MVP, and Cams passing numbers dwarf what Sam does and has done in his 4 years. Cam was a QB that could actually process the field, and be a QB

On QB: LT to protect our attempt at a reclamation project, or QB to learn behind him and be therein case we aren't successful, were to me the smart choices.  I do love Horn but yeah. 

On Sam vs Cam:. I did notice some weird similarities in the commentary about Sam as cam (like his first year or two... Lol, by the time he was in his fourth year he had done so much more than Darnold has) and you're right about the weird flip in posters defending Darnold that uses to critique Cam.... But I think these days even those of us very optimistic have given up on Darnold, we just don't see a point in shitting on him in every thread (not saying you do).

Honestly I'm just hopelessly optimistic about every Panther QB for longer than I should be lol.

• Beer 3

5 hours ago, AggieLean said:

We have got to get a QB next year.

This defense will leak when it faces big time offenses, and we need a guy that can carry the team, even when the defense is just not on it that particular game. 

Not just that, but the defense will leak when it faces mediocre offenses too, simply because it will be out on the field too damned long. The fatigue (and the numbers) will catch up with us--any defense. We can't continue to allow our offense to suck (especially over the long term, since that looks like all that we can do at the moment), or it's going to drag the defense down. People may not realize it, but we've already seen this dynamic in action too many times this season.

• Pie 2

Yep. I also don’t believe Robby is this bad; same goes for DJ. There’s something there that’s messing them up. 

Now, I don’t think we should have extended Robby, but I felt that because I’ve always felt that while Robby was a good receiver, he was a luxury for us. It’s also why I’m not going to be harsh on Terrace Marshall this year. He’s better than what we are seeing. I think he’ll be better with PJ.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

On QB: LT to protect our attempt at a reclamation project, or QB to learn behind him and be therein case we aren't successful, were to me the smart choices.  I do love Horn but yeah. 

On Sam vs Cam:. I did notice some weird similarities in the commentary about Sam as cam (like his first year or two... Lol, by the time he was in his fourth year he had done so much more than Darnold has) and you're right about the weird flip in posters defending Darnold that uses to critique Cam.... But I think these days even those of us very optimistic have given up on Darnold, we just don't see a point in shitting on him in every thread (not saying you do).

Honestly I'm just hopelessly optimistic about every Panther QB for longer than I should be lol.

I can respect the bold. I’ll eventually ease off him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not just that, but the defense will leak when it faces mediocre offenses too, simply because it will be out on the field too damned long. The fatigue (and the numbers) will catch up with us--any defense. We can't continue to allow our offense to suck (especially over the long term, since that looks like all that we can do at the moment), or it's going to drag the defense down. People may not realize it, but we've already seen this dynamic in action too many times this season.

We've actually won the time of possession battle in many of our games... Even vs Dallas... What we need is an offense that can put up TDs, too, and a QB that can be relied on once in a while to carry a game or half.

You don’t have to be a freaking rocket scientist to figure this out. You use an entire draft plus four on defense, sign multiple corners and multiple other defensive positions while at the same time thinking your rag tag bunch of o-linemen and a qb who sees ghosts is going to be ok on offense…

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Yep. I also don’t believe Robby is this bad; same goes for DJ. There’s something there that’s messing them up. 

Now, I don’t think we should have extended Robby, but I felt that because I’ve always felt that while Robby was a good receiver, he was a luxury for us. It’s also why I’m not going to be harsh on Terrace Marshall this year. He’s better than what we are seeing.

Terrace is fine for a rookie imo given the OL and who is throwing him the ball. Won't be many opportunities to go to we #3 when the OL is a sieve and qb can't see the field.

DJ was also having trouble with dropsies last year. It's worse this year, but he went from a couple awesome years to being pretty bad.  It's actually why I think something else is going on than Darnold being at fault (he is for some, but not all)... 

• Pie 2