• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well since PJ is probably starting this Sunday, I watched the highlights from his only other start.

hepcat

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Imagine.  Defense plays great.   Prevents NE from getting much going.  Game is a lot of back and forth punting.  Low scoring. 

Then in the 4th PJ lets one rip down field and the deciding play is a Robbie Anderson TD.  Panthers win. 

Oh, the huddle would be a fun place. 

Well the people arguing they only want to see PJ play to "force Rhules hand" may reveal they always meant a little something else. 😉

Just teasing... I personally would be happy with any way we pull off a W.

11 hours ago, CRA said:

Imagine.  Defense plays great.   Prevents NE from getting much going.  Game is a lot of back and forth punting.  Low scoring. 

Then in the 4th PJ lets one rip down field and the deciding play is a Robbie Anderson TD.  Panthers win. 

Oh, the huddle would be a fun place. 

I would be the first to say "Miracles DO happen!" if that happened. 

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

So who’s ready for PJ and no CMC on Sunday?

I guess the same folks overall who have been ready for Sam and no CMC on Sundays. 

Feel no different going into this week than last week.  Opponent is tougher though.  Sam or PJ.  Doesn't actually matter. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I guess the same folks overall who have been ready for Sam and no CMC on Sundays. 

Feel no different going into this week than last week.  Opponent is tougher though.  Sam or PJ.  Doesn't actually matter. 

Oh it matters lol not saying Sam is great but get ready for probably a big zero burger this Sunday

20 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Oh it matters lol not saying Sam is great but get ready for probably a big zero burger this Sunday

I still don't think you have come to grips with how bad Sam Darnold is.   That aside,  we have played worse QBs than PJ Walker before too.  It's not the end of times scenario you are painting. 

If we can find a way to score points with Brian St Peirre vs the Ravens?   Well, I wouldn't expect a nothing burger from PJ.  He is way too aggressive of a thrower for us not to get some points over 4 quarters lol.  

and our D is capable of getting us points if a QB literally does nothing but take a knee at times.   And we are once again, playing a rookie QB. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I still don't think you have come to grips with how bad Sam Darnold is.   That aside,  we have played worse QBs than PJ Walker before too.  It's not the end of times scenario you are painting. 

If we can find a way to score points with Brian St Peirre vs the Ravens?   Well, I wouldn't expect a nothing burger from PJ.  He is way too aggressive of a thrower for us not to get some points over 4 quarters lol.  

I know Sam Darnold isn’t great but he has won us 4 games.

PJ shouldn’t be in the nfl!

Stats 

2021- 3 for 15 20% completion LMAO

2020- 32-56 57% completion 1 td and 5 ints

Yeah Belichick is going to eat this dude alive, u can say what u want but this is not going to end well on Sunday. U can quit responding because u or no one else is going to change my mind. Rhule screwed us over with no oline and qb this year. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I know Sam Darnold isn’t great but he has won us 4 games.

PJ shouldn’t be in the nfl!

Stats 

2021- 3 for 15 20% completion LMAO

2020- 32-56 57% completion 1 td and 5 ints

Yeah Belichick is going to eat this dude alive, u can say what u want but this is not going to end well on Sunday. U can quit responding because u or no one else is going to change my mind. Rhule screwed us over with no oline and qb this year. 

Sam is worse than just isn't great.  

in PJ's one start, he looked like a host of other shitty backups that get thrown out there from time to time.  Nothing more and nothing less. 

I mean, we agree that Rhule screwed us with QB/OL.  I mean, that has been my primary soapbox since camp began.    

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sam is worse than just isn't great.  

in PJ's one start, he looked like a host of other shitty backups that get thrown out there from time to time.  Nothing more and nothing less. 

I mean, we agree that Rhule screwed us with QB/OL.  I mean, that has been my primary soapbox since camp began.    

Only way we win this game with PJ is to throw screens, screens, and more screens.

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Only way we win this game with PJ is to throw screens, screens, and more screens.

QB option runs, bullshit scrambles that break down Belichick’s defense, run run run, play action: I hope they don’t call a designed pass play all game. 

• Beer 1

Just now, glenwo2 said:

Only way to win is for the D to play great and us not turn it over. 

PJ will have to make some passes downfield and use his legs for us to get a win.   Try to keep him in the 20 pass attempt window but you are going to need him to go downfield some.   Try to keep those shots to the sideline. 

If we pull out a win, I actually would wager that little Viking RB we picked up would be a key to the victory.  Gonna need a little backfield playmaking happening.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

QB option runs, bullshit scrambles that break down Belichick’s defense, run run run, play action: I hope they don’t call a designed pass play all game. 

some delay QB draws.   

If PJ gets one on one on the outside, he should definately put one or two up.  What you don't want PJ doing is going over the middle and trying to figure out the traffic.  Run.  Get creative running.  And when the Patriot give him one on one to the outside.....you got to let him attack that vertically on occasion.