• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An ESPN analytic stat shows just how bad our offensive line really is.

SCO96

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I told you I needed to see them play and have. They are about were ESPN has them 28-32, huge step back form last year were they ended up mid-pack(solid). Honestly small things are killing them along with just lacking talent- Snap count,  firing off the ball, missing gaps, etc. Honestly I know they play as "1"..... The "1 group" plays dumb, lost, and confused. They need better preparation in the worst way, that would help move the group to the very late teens along with having a experienced OC calling plays with OL that lacks talent.  Many times after the snap 2-3 defenders are already in the tackle box, thus Sam has jet flashbacks and gos hero ball mode....played out that way since week 4. This staffs has no answers and that is the worst part. 

The staff has made the problems consistently worse by shuffling the deck along the OL nonstop.

Oh, and signing dumpster fire, oft-injured free agent OL.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

The issue with this staff is their incredible hubris to think they can resurrect people's careers. Just because they got more than expected out of a few players last year the staff bought into their own bullshit and decided to try to build an entire OL and raise a QB from the dead. It's insane.

Yup. Facts. Hubris is the word of the day, children. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The issue with this staff is their incredible hubris to think they can resurrect people's careers. Just because they got more than expected out of a few players last year the staff bought into their own bullshit and decided to try to build an entire OL and raise a QB from the dead. It's insane.

In general, in the NFL and in the fuging real world, what you see with your eyes is true.

The arrogance of NFL coaching and management raises the opinion of their own abilities and blinds them to this.

• Pie 4

28 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I've been fugging begging and pleading for Carolina to improve their OL through the draft since 2012.

And they haven't.  Except for some FA moves and good middle round picks by Gettleman over a couple of years, its been utterly ignored.

Insanity.

Maybe the Panthers should line up all those LBs and CBs that Marty and the new guy drafted on the OL?

For all the talk Gman made about hog mollies he hardly applied it to the OL.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I can’t believe we aren’t 32 in pass blocking. As LG stated, there is no reason why BC and Brown shouldn’t be getting playing time now. We know these vets (outside of Moton) aren’t the answer. 

Saw a stat where Miami has allowed the most QB pressures....47 more QB pressures than the next worse team. Their O-Line is historically bad.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I called out the Erv, Elf, and Sam moves MULTIPLE posts and all it got me was huddlers calling out my fandom and saying "wHy ArEnT u An GM, HuH?!?!?!" Where are they now???? Same turd-heads they championed Herniray and his shitty moves.....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I called out the Erv, Elf, and Sam moves MULTIPLE posts and all it got me was huddlers calling out my fandom and saying "wHy ArEnT u An GM, HuH?!?!?!" Where are they now???? Same turd-heads they championed Herniray and his shitty moves.....

Im fine with any one of those moves tbh. It's the combination of them... So much relying on so many reclamation projects...

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Well you should obviously apply for any open GM spots in the future 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

For all the talk Gman made about hog mollies he hardly applied it to the OL.

True... maybe he was being a team player with his HC?

That being said, he *did* get Andrew Norwell via FA and Taylor Moton in the 2nd round and Oher as a FA in the SB year.

Its not like the Gman was IGNORING the position as has been the case in almost every year before and since.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

So did so many of us.

I mean....you don't need to be much more than a mediocre Madden GM to sniff out how bad those signings were.

Im fine with any one of those moves tbh. It's the combination of them... So much relying on so many reclamation projects...

I mean you sign 2 OL that miss multiple games each year and when they do play each finish around 80 out of 82 ranked. Then the worst, I repeat...the worst starting QB for three years running and hes struggling after a good(gifted) 3 game start?? Where is my "ironic shocked" out my skull meme???... Panthers proved they can not make miracles, pissed off at this method of thinking. 

• Pie 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

But but but....I was told it was impossible for a QB to play well behind that kind of line. What happened there???

Well tbf I wouldn't say Miami's passing offense is playing well, lol.  

Sam just is the worst starting QB in the league, unfortunately, and whether we gave him the situation to be better doesn't matter. We have 2 other QBs on the roster and it's time to give them a shot because Sam, for as great as he may be off the field, is destroying morale on it.