• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule's Contract...

BIGH2001

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

It’s not so much that it matters that Rhule is one of the highest paid coaches, it’s the fact that it speaks volumes about Tepper as an owner. 

On one hand, you can give him kudos that he’s going to spend when he sees something he wants. I guess that’s a good thing. 

on the other hand, he falls right in line with most of the worst CEO’s and upper management I’ve seen. Promoting someone to a position of power in a company with no experience or who is under qualified. It’s a classic mistake in the white collar world that many organizations make and Tepper just followed it to a T. 

I guess you have to pick whether you are more excited that he will spare no expense or that you are more fearful at his lack of judgement.   I’m the latter. 

They used to call it the Nouvea Riche... the newly rich who had no class, no understanding of long term wealth or the proper use of it. 

Some wise up, most don't. Tepper is smart, but not wise from what I see. But then again, what do I know?

• Beer 1

I think teppers contract told the league he's willing to pay for the best. Unfortunately it was Hurney picking the coach. Let's never forget he wanted Steve Spurrier over Fox and Rob Ryan over Rivera. Not saying Rhule isn't going to work out but the outlook isn't great. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Jmac said:

Everyone thought once the old man sold the team that the troubles would be over. It never occured to anyone that the new regime could be as bad or worse then the previous one.

Tepper has money to burn. This is a hobby for him and his ego feeds the beast. These contracts are just chump change for him.

He could just resell the team and walk away and recoup most of his investment. The grass isn't always greener as they say.

The reality is when it comes to strictly the football and stadium side, JR was a very good owner.  Not saying some of the creepy stuff was good, but if we could have eliminated that and kept the football and team  stuff the same that would have been great.

There’s a an issue when someone like Tepper gives such a massive coaching contract to a guy who clearly didn’t earn or deserve it in the NFL.

No, the contract doesn’t count towards the cap, but imagine what players must think.  Seeing a coach who hasn’t earned that kind of money getting it from the start so easily. Probably makes some of them feel like they should get way more in their contracts for little to no good reasons too. Especially having to put up with Rhule’s college gimmicks and DBO crap. Creates a kind of mindset. Kind of like Robbys highly questionable extension getting done at a time it wasn’t really needed and clearly not deserved lol.

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think teppers contract told the league he's willing to pay for the best. Unfortunately it was Hurney picking the coach. Let's never forget he wanted Steve Spurrier over Fox and Rob Ryan over Rivera. Not saying Rhule isn't going to work out but the outlook isn't great. 

Tepper absolutely picked the coach. My God.