• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB or OL? Hypothetical qestion

AU-panther

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I had the 2021 class as this:

Elite

1. Lawrence

2. Lance

Near Elite

3. Fields

High Risk Gamble

4. Wilson

Low Ceiling, High Floor

5. Jones

I definitely was much higher on Lance than almost anyone. 

So you would only draft a QB in a loaded year when you have a top 3 pick?

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Loved Lance, Josh Allen vibes. That price tag tho is a back breaker. 

Oh yeah. Plus....the more I dug into him the more he seemed like a hard working guy with a MAJOR chip on his shoulder that caused him to dig deep to be better.

I just think he will work really hard to keep improving every day.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

So you would only draft a QB in a loaded year when you have a top 3 pick?

No, I would have taken any of those top 4 in the top 10. Jones I would have considered in the 15 and lower range. He just wasn't high on my board.

I think Wilson will end up being the biggest risk guy and Jones will be better than expected. TBD, I mean these guys are in the infancy of their careers.

• Beer 1

To me the frustrating thing, yes this is hindsight, .... is I was ok they passed on Fields and Jones.  To me the fact Denver who also desperately needed a QB and picked right after the Panthers also passed on them was somewhat telling and I was ok not going in that direction. 

THE part in hindsight that I think was the mistake, was not drafting Slater to play LT.  So now the Panthers still need to address QB and LT with no 2nd round pick ... so it will be almost impossible to address both in the next draft.  If they went Slater and not Horne, at least the LT spot would have resolved.  Now again, it will take most likely another two drafts to address both positions and that stinks.  Unless of course they trade future draft capital which also stinks.  🤦‍♂️

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, grateflday said:

To me the frustrating thing, yes this is hindsight, .... is I was ok they passed on Fields and Jones.  To me the fact Denver who also desperately needed a QB and picked right after the Panthers also passed on them was somewhat telling and I was ok not going in that direction. 

THE part in hindsight that I think was the mistake, was not drafting Slater to play LT.  So now the Panthers still need to address QB and LT with no 2nd round pick ... so it will be almost impossible to address both in the next draft.  If they went Slater and not Horne, at least the LT spot would have resolved.  Now again, it will take most likely another two drafts to address both positions and that stinks.  Unless of course they trade future draft capital which also stinks.  🤦‍♂️

Honestly, Slater+Cosmi could of been our R1+2.  That's a pair of linemen right there for an offensive rebuild.  I love Marshall's potential but I don't know if it really made sense with the line to build.  

• Pie 1

We had a generational talent in Cam and we still never had back to back winning seasons because we never addressed the line as a priority.  Let that sink in.   Not only did we not have back to back winning seasons we ended his career prematurely because we failed to protect him.  I honest to God dont understand how you guys are not seeing this.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We had a generational talent in Cam and we still never had back to back winning seasons because we never addressed the line as a priority.  Let that sink in.   Not only did we not have back to back winning seasons we ended his career prematurely because we failed to protect him.  I honest to God dont understand how you guys are not seeing this.

It’s not us that’s the problem. Our highly paid braintrust who haven’t figured it out.