• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer says " We'll have to do something with Sam. "

Zod

Athletic was recommending we may need to add a pick with Sam for a lesser pick.  Something like a 6th+Sam for a 7th.  Basically get someone to pay out his contract. He's a negative asset.  

So a team with either a set rookie and no backup and a ton of space next year...

LAC & JAX would be my guess.

Just now, stbugs said:

Nothing to be undecided on, he’s been terrible and there was 0 need to do an extension before the year. His second half last year was a red flag. You don’t pay a number 2 WR $15M a year to placate him, especially as one of the non-super charged passing teams. The timing was terrible and never should have been done before the season. Reminds me of Hurney placating Olsen with extra money only to waste millions more after he was hurt. Robby’s extension average salary is right where Godwin and Kupp are.

Anderson is ranked 114th in receiving yards. Zylstra and Thomas have combined for 35% more yards and Zylstra was on IR.

He shouldn't have been extended. It was a bad move.

However, I have a feeling we'll be able to up his production and he'll be tradeable by the end of the year.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

At least with Anderson you had a proven production. I think there's a good shot he'll play much better the rest of the season. In which case the Panthers can deal him for draft picks that they desperately need.

I honestly feel bad for Anderson. He had his early career derailed by Sam Darnold. So much so he had to come to Carolina on a prove-it deal. He played well with Bridgewater, earning a contract extension, but then the same man that derailed his career early does it once again.

Imagine losing potentially tens of millions of dollars because of one man. Him telling off Darnold on the sideline made complete sense to me.

This really isn't born out by the facts of his time at NY tho...  He did have a usage decline with Darnold slightly, but nothing like this year, not even close, and he was still productive there...  same YPC with and without Darnold at NY, and fewer than 1 reception less per game with Darnold. Similar TDs. Now that doesn't mean he *liked* darnold, which maybe is a bigger issue with him.

tbh Robby hasn't played particularly well since midway thru last season... Dude's average just tanked.

Just now, stbugs said:

Nothing to be undecided on, he’s been terrible and there was 0 need to do an extension before the year. His second half last year was a red flag. You don’t pay a number 2 WR $15M a year to placate him, especially as one of the non-super charged passing teams. The timing was terrible and never should have been done before the season. Reminds me of Hurney placating Olsen with extra money only to waste millions more after he was hurt. Robby’s extension average salary is right where Godwin and Kupp are.

Anderson is ranked 114th in receiving yards. Zylstra and Thomas have combined for 35% more yards and Zylstra was on IR.

I agree on the extension.  It was too long of an investment in Robby.  But it's sunk cost so you have to squeeze all the juice you can from that lemon.

Just now, mav1234 said:

This really isn't born out by the facts of his time at NY tho...  He did have a usage decline with Darnold slightly, but nothing like this year, not even close, and he was still productive there...  same YPC with and without Darnold at NY, and fewer than 1 reception less per game with Darnold. Similar TDs. Now that doesn't mean he *liked* darnold, which maybe is a bigger issue with him.

tbh Robby hasn't played particularly well since midway thru last season... Dude's average just tanked.

He's on pace for his worst year in the NFL, even with an extra game. Even with Walker, and a broken Bridgewater he played fine at the end of last season. His production wasn't like early in the season when Teddy was staring him down, but it was still good for a number two.

Sam Darnold is done. He's doing so bad that even D.J. was on target for by far his worst statistical season. The reason is Sam. I read a tweet earlier that indicated that the last two games of Sam Darnold were statistically the worst in the NFL, ever.

Anderson has done well overall throughout his career. He'll be in the NFL for quite a few more years.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

In the first half. He disappeared in the second half and no, after 1 year of his two year deal he didn’t earn an extension with all the other guys we’ll need to pay.

Bridgewater did get hurt, and played through injury last season in the games he didn't miss.

It wasn't perfect, but Anderson had his best year.