• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just 1 game.. But boy it seem like we had 2 Cancers..

WOW!!

Paradis was feast or famine it seemed. He was usually solid in the run game, but in pass protection he was going to give up a couple of plays.

Elflein was consistently awful no matter what he did at G. I'm excited to go back and watch the game, because when I saw that we rolled with Daley-Jordan-Elflein-Scott-Moton instead of getting Christensen out there, I became concerned that the staff still was incapable of evaluating talent (is Christensen really a 2nd rd G prospect and/or can they pick the best starting look?).

I think that it might be safe to say that the best LT on the roster currently is Cameron Erving. I'm over John Miller and would rather see Trent Scott hold it down with Deonte Brown getting sprinkled in now and then. Elflein is who we got at center, so let's hope that what we saw yesterday is the new norm because I'll take steady over flashy.

LG is interesting... the staff seems to like Jordan and Christensen is the obvious next man up there.

If Elflein can end up being a starting NFL center after all and Cam is our franchise QB again, I will gladly sacrifice my campaign to draft Tyler Linderbaum (UNLESS HE FALLS TO US AT #32).

11 hours ago, KSpan said:

Sam wasn't a cancer at all - he didn't seem to be actively negative. As I said in the 'Sam's reaction' thread he clearly gave his all to the team, he just didn't/doesn't have that je ne sais quoi that this offense was clearly lacking and also quickly regressed to where his play was a hindrance.

No question though that the magic was there today on the offensive side. Hopefully it remains in place.

Pie for je ne sais quoi! But, Sam was a cancer in the aspect that he sucked all the life out of the offense, then the defense. Then players attitudes started to be negative due to his play in particular. Cam repeatedly said it wasn't about him after the game, but the energy was insane compared to even 3-0.

• Pie 1

Sam seems like a really nice guy which is why it pains me to say we had no business picking up that fifth year option and I would just like to see him go away now. I wish him luck somewhere else and I believe that to be a seldom needed decent backup somewhere with a very durable QB behind a very good offensive line. With all that said we paid him lots of money and will continue to do so unfortunately so please don't let the door hit you on the way out and just move him along.